Thursday, March 17, 2011

On the Hunt

We have been on the hunt for a new house. We are ready to get a larger house. We have been in a two bedroom house with two kids (which is doable), but I'm more than ready to have an extra bedroom or two and a little more square footage than 1200. So, we have been house hunting and we found one that we think just might be the one....that is, if it's God plan and all the mortgage details can work out. This house is in the neighborhood that we LOVE and and the community within that neighborhood is awesome. There is a community garden right next to this house, which is great. Anyways, I am not going to go into any more details until things are moving along. Tonight we are going to look at it and I'm so excited!

This means we are going to be working every weekend on our house, getting a lot of the projects finished either for selling or renting. Ideally, we would like to rent (since this house is right by TU it would be perfect to rent), but we are waiting to hear back from the mortgage company.

This week we finally got our camera, BUT I ordered the memory card separately through ebay (it was a lot cheaper) and we are still waiting for it. So, I have this awesome camera I am dying to play with, but I can't until the memory card comes. Here she is: Canon T2i Digital SLR. It has 18.0 megapixel with 1080p HD video. I can't wait to try it out for real!
Taking pictures has become such a fun hobby for me while staying at home with my kids. When our other camera finally died on us, I was so bummed. So, we have been saving up for a while, and we were finally able to order one. So exciting!

A couple of posts ago, a friend asked me if I snacked during the day. I actually don't snack very much. I guess I am one of those lucky people who don't eat when I'm bored or when I'm stressed. However, when I bake something sweet (like cinnamon roles) I definitely eat my fair share. Oh, and I LOVE having "breakfast" for dinner. I definitely have a sweet tooth when it comes to baked goods. That would probably be why I don't bake all that often. Here are a couple things I have snacked on lately. We love clementines in this house. They are cheaper at SAM's, so we try to get it there most of the time. We eat tons of fruit and veggies in this house, which I LOVE. We also buy "veggie and fruit straws" in bulk from SAM's. They are a healthy kids snack and we all love to eat them.
Something else we have been doing a lot lately are green shakes. I put tons of great stuff in them (my kids don't even notice) and they love them. I always combine fruits with veggies, so as to keep them sweet. And of course we love showing off our green moustaches or beards in Maya's case ;)
What other things are we doing? Well, the kids torture the cat during their spare time...here they are putting hair barrettes all over the kitty. Hilarious! The cat didn't even seem to mind that much, although, they cornered her, so she really didn't have much of a choice.
I just put up some new curtains in the dining room. I sold my other ones to a sweet friend of mine and bought these off of ebay (they are from Ikea). I LOVE them. I really wanted something with a pattern in the dining room.
Here is a sweet picture from this morning. Mornings are the best time to cuddle with the kids (or when they are sick). Johnny was definitely soaking up this moment :)
Hope you all are having a great week. I can't believe it's almost Friday. Hopefully, we will find out soon whether this house is a "go" or "no-go". I really don't like the waiting game. It's doesn't sit well with me. It's definitely something I could always work on ;)


2 comments:

Mama Mandy said...

I understand how 1200 sq ft & a family of 4 (or 5) can make life quite interesting! I hope this works out perfectly for your family!

Love the cat decorating! Ha,ha And, your new curtains are great!

The Bannon Clan said...

Hey! I think thats the camera Jenny got. She loves it. Hope all works out with the house. That would be very exciting. We are thinking ours is going to sell in July. . . so much to do, so much to do. Its so hard getting all the little jobs done that need to be done. Good Luck!