Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Veggies and Shoes

I am growing veggies. This will be my first summer with a full garden, so can't promise anything. I am trying and I am sure it will be a learning process for a long time down the road. I started these seeds: spinach, squash, radishes, lettuce, two breeds of tomatoes, and I don't know if I got all of them. I definitely am planning to do herbs as well and I have a yummy blueberry bush I am about to plant. I am planning on trying a square foot garden with Johnny's help. Hopefully, this weekend or the next I will be able to get to it. But for now, my little plants are growing and getting ready for their coming transfer :)
My favorite part of this is to watch those seeds sprout and just barely start to push their way out of the dirt. It's so refreshing!

This is random, but I thought it was funny. Calvin keeps taking taking Johnny's shoes out of our coat closet and re-stringing the shoe laces to go through ALL of the holes And then leaving it for daddy's surprise. He is one funny little man!

3 comments:

Mama Mandy said...

Bravo! Growing your own veggies is exciting. Yours look great! The only thing I still
grow is strawberries & that's only if the plant survives the winter.;0) My kiddos like to switch our shoes all around on our shoe shelves so that finding a match is like a game of where's waldo...fun, fun.

Unknown said...

Looks like you will have a busy garden. Looking forward to seeing it's progress.
Oh and if you want the rest of the mother earth news magazines to look at you can come over and pick them up. I have several.

Adriel and Christina Henderson said...

Way to go on the gardening! You're going to want to get yourself another Blueberry bush, they need to be paired to produce fruit. (lesson learned the hard way on my part). :)