Sunday morning we decided to skip church and head out to the park. It was such a beautiful day and we hadn't gone out all together in a while, so it felt great to spend a relaxing and gorgeous morning at the park. Here are some pictures from that morning (you can click on these to make them larger).
This weekend was spent working on our house. Today Johnny will be talking with a couple of different banks to see what options we have for buying the house we really want. Hopefully, by the end of this week we will know whether or not we can get this house. So, in the mean time we will just keep working on our current house, hoping that we will be able to rent it. Our first project is to finish the kitchen. We still have to finish priming and painting, add new hardware, put in a larger window in front of the sink, tile the backsplash, fix the ceiling, and numerous other smaller details. It shall be crazy busy....which I can do as long as we have a moving date to look forward to ;) As far as projects that I can work on by myself...I'm still in the process of making some more wedding invitations, but they are very close to finishing. They are going to be awesome! I am also working on our bedside lamps right now. I am hoping to silver leaf the bases. I spray painted them grey and now I am going to pick up some silver leaf at Hobby Lobby...especially since they have coupons there. I will have some pictures soon. Another project that I have lined up to start is to paint Maya's crib. Her crib is Jenny Lynn style and I have been dreaming of painting it yellow. Here is the link to the picture that inspired me.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2488/4099626804_4be2ccf2b4_b.jpg
Of course Maya's bedding is different, but I can't wait to have a fun colored crib and will look awesome with her newer ikea bedding. We have too much brown furniture (including their carpet) going on in the kids bedroom right now. Pictures to come soon! Have a happy Monday!







No comments:
Post a Comment