Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Korean Yummies

I have never been to Korea, but for some reason I LOVE Korean food. So, I made a Korean dish the other day (the only Korean dish I know how to make) and it was so good! I need to find me a real Korean friend who knows how to cook and wouldn't mind teaching me! For anyone interested it's called, Bulgolgi. It's a beef dish with rice, lettuce, and a delicious cucumber salad. It's super easy to make and very healthy. First up is the cucumber salad: vinegar, onions, cucumbers, salt, red pepper, etc.
...and I always use a dash of pepper, leftover dried pepper from one of my pepper plants that exploded with peppers one hot summer ago. I still have a huge jar full and it has been a couple of summers ago.
Here is the marinade for the meat....carrots, chives, soy sauce, sesame seeds, sesame seed oil, garlic, etc.
I usually let it marinate most of the day, but it could just use the afternoon if your on a time crunch. So yummy. Next time I will double the sauce, just so we can have more to pour on the rice. And here is the final plate with all the Korean yumminess. I honestly could eat this every day!
And I'm pretty sure my family loved it just as much as me...well, except for the cucumber salad. I think that was a little too spicy for the kids, since it had red hot pepper in it.
And just for kicks, here is sweet Maya looking like a crazy moutain lady with massive hiking boots and wild hair. She cracks me up!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha that's hilarious! that looks very yummy!! - Morgan

valentine's day offer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.