We finally got some snow. I honestly wasn't looking forward to it this year, but Calvin was pretty excited about it. I finally let them go outside later this afternoon after naps. Maya wasn't so sure about it. Calvin LOVED it! Here are the kids all bundled up waiting at the door. Calvin doesn't look happy in this picture, but I promise you he was VERY excited!

Here are a few more pictures from being outside. Maya and I didn't last long, but Calvin stayed out for a really long time....until I noticed he had a paint roller and paint all over him. How does something like that happen? Well, I will spare you the details of the conversation I had with Johnny, but I will tell you that it had something to do with unloading the work van and forgetting to put certain things away... Ya, I don't think that will happen again ;) Anyways, it was a mess and I wasn't able to get all the paint out, but atleast my little man is clean and the paint came mostly out of the coat, gloves, and shoes. Sadly, the pants didn't clean up, but hey, a little paint on pants is kind of a fad right now right????
This last weekend was pretty busy. Johnny and I worked on priming more of our kitchen cabinets. The kitchen is slowly coming along. It seems to take forever, especially when we keep starting other random projects just to keep it interesting ;) Once we get it all primed I will post a picture. Speaking of random projects, I had Johnny build a very solid wood bookcase/closet for me. We have it in our living room, right by the front door. This cabinet is amazing and I am so excited about it. Johnny built it from scratch and it turned out beautifully. He loves building things like this...his dream would be to get more furniture building work as apposed to the typical painting and remodeling work he usually gets. He has done a few furniture jobs here and there, but not as many as he would prefer. Here is a picture of it (sorry the picture isn't the greatest and doesn't do this piece jutice, but it will have to suffice for now...oh, and ignore all the crap on top of it).

It has tons of storage for book (even room for more books behind the books you see) and a closet to hang coats, bags, and put shoes. He still has to build the part where the shoes will go, but it is pretty close to being done. I LOVE more storage space, because it means more organization for me which means a much happier wife and mommy! I thrive on organization (almost a little too much at times). Well, here are a couple more pictures that I really liked from today. Oh, and tomorrow I will tell you about another fun craigslist find...Oh, how I LOVE craigslist! Seriously, most of my house is from craigslist ;)





1 comment:
HI Anna! I love all your retro photos. Is that just a photoshop filter you use? That bookcase/closet is BEAUTIFUL!! I saw it in-process on Facebook...but, WOW. Finished, it looks amazing! I love the dark stain.
Your kids are adorable. :) Hope you're all doing well.
Post a Comment