Last night Johnny went to pick up a "new to us" refrigerator. It was interesting trying to get it inside just the two of us, but we did it, even if he had to take the handles off to fit it between our countertop bar area and the kitchen wall. Anyways, it is amazing what a huge difference it makes! When we moved into our house, there was an old refrigerator that we used until it died. Then we were blessed with a free older refrigerator from my mentor to use until we got our own. This was a huge blessing and worked perfectly this whole time. Johnny and I both knew that we needed to get a fridge, but also new it would take time since they are so expensive and also since we were only looking for stainless steel in order to make our kitchen look sweet when future interested buyers were touring our house. Anyways, I don't look often in the appliance section on craigslist but I happened to look a couple of nights ago...and right at the top of the list was a stainless steel refrigerator in great condition for only $300 (It ended up being the wrong size for the previous owners). So, we jumped on the deal and picked it up. It has all been cleaned and plugged in with all our food organized inside and WOW I had no idea how nice it is to have a bigger fridge. What a blessing! The only downside to having this stainless steel fridge is that it's not magnetic, so I can't put our magnetic letters up or pictures or grocery lists, etc. But I would definitely trade that in any day now that I know what it's like having a newer appliance....a beautiful newer appliance. Anyways, now we just need to find more deals like that for the rest of our appliances to match! Here is our new beauty!

Today was a lazy day. We really didn't do much. Although, we had some very fun company for lunch. One of my friends with her three children came over to play and eat some lunch. It was great fun and the kids all enjoyed themselves. Other than that, here is proof of our laziness today.
Well, I need to head out of the blog world and start making some dinner. Have a good night!



1 comment:
you do know that refrigerator retails for about three grand. i can't believe you paid such a small amount. are you sure it wasn't stolen. torri's mom got a fridge from some shady people for really cheap and we all think it was stolen cuz they had her come and look at it in a back of a truck in the middle of nowhere. it was really shady. anyways. nice job. the best deal we've had is a set of frontload washer and dryer for $700. yet again you amaze me.
Post a Comment