
This weekend is our "getaway"! We are so excited and can't wait to have a couple days of peace and quiet and time just to be with one another. Well, we are going to our friends wedding (which is on Saturday) and we are so excited for him and his bride-to-be! But besides the rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, and wedding, we have time to rome. So, anyone have suggestions for something cool to see in Kansas City, MO? We are thinking of just going to the Plaza and taking it from there. I'm sure that is more than enough to preoccupy our free time, but it would be fun to see something that isn't quite as well known...maybe a good flea market or something else.... Anyways, this week is busy getting our house ready for our dear friends to stay in while taking care of the kids. First of all, thank you so much to Jarret and Morgan for being willing to take a whole weekend away from whatever plans they may have had to live in our house and to watch our kids! That is a HUGE blessing to Johnny and I! So, I am deep cleaning our house to make it as comfortable as possible for our friends and grocery shopping to stock the fridge for them. I was also trying to wean Maya before we left, but I think I gave up on that possibility. I think that she senses we are going and this week she is being extra clingy. Oh well! I will just leave lots of goat milk (which she loves and we have given to her partly since I was in surgery) and bring a pump with me, so I don't get too uncomfortable.
During these HOT days we don't spend much time outside unless we are near water. Most of our time is spent inside. Sometimes we go to mall play areas. Sometimes we go to friends houses. Every once in a while we go to a splash pad (sadly those are even too hot for Maya since the ground is cement and is too hot for her to crawl on). But we do make yummy healthy shakes and suck homemade popsicles to make up for loss time outside. Here is something that I have been doing recently and we LOVE it! I have been making yogurt shakes. Here is what I mix together: plain yogurt, a tiny bit of honey, milk, frozen strawberry (or any fruit), bananas, wheat germ, and flaxseed. The wheat germ and flaxseed is a newer thing for us and I have been putting it in a lot of miscellaneous things we eat. We have also been eating a lot of blueberries lately! I don't feel bad drinking a big glass of this yogurt shake since it is ALL healthy. It's so dang good...you should try it!


Other times we like to come outside is in the early evening right before daddy comes home from work. I LOVE their expressions when he pulls up in his work van! Here is Calvin's face just as Johnny pulled into our driveway one evening last week.

Here are a couple more pictures of the kids hanging out together in our front yard that same evening.


We did just get a large blow up pool from craigslist for $20. We are pretty excited about it. It's not huge, but it's the perfect size for us. Also, I didn't really want a big one with two little ones running around. Although, it is big enough to fit our whole family in it, so it really is perfect! Anyways, that will make our days spent outside in our backyard a little more bearable ;)
Well, here a couple more silly pictures from this last week. We have a bin full of hats and we get it out every once in a while and play dress up. Here are the Russian shapkas being put to good use!


I need to get to work. I may get to post once more before we leave on Friday. We will see how much time I have...
3 comments:
My goodness. I thought her b-day was on the 28th of August. Silly me. I should have brought the little baby doll over on her birthday. I'll bring her over later. She is finished and ready to go. I just need some pics of her and Maya together with their hats.
You should visit the city market (farmer's market) and eat at one of the places there. There is a delicious mediteranean place there that has awesome gyros and hummus. Also, the AMC 30 in Olathe only charges $5 for movies on weeknights. We love to see a movie when we get a chance.
Hope you both have a great trip!
Post a Comment