We have been very busy in this house lately! It seems that we are both asleep as soon as the lights go out. Here are a some pictures just to catch up a bit. I will have to write more later.
My beautiful children are getting more and more fun every day!





Things that we have been working on...the kids bedroom, an awesome frame Johnny designed and made for our mirror in our entryway, landscaping in our front yard, sanding down an old rocking chair whenever I have random free moments to myself...





Some things that I am really enjoying right now...
a good wood Eddie Bauer highchair (cheap craigslist find) that is pretty to look at and very practical and has straps to keep Maya from jumping out ;) We used an old wooden highchair which I loved the looks of, but it didn't have any straps and I literally had to hold Maya's feet while I fed her (this wasn't a problem for Calvin). She is a very stubborn and strong willed child at times (hmmmm....wonder where she got that from). Anyways, it is amazing being able to leave the room if I need to and know that she can't get out and hurt herself! So much freedom for me and less for her! I don't know why we didn't do that sooner. Oh, and I love having a removable tray that I can take off easily and put in the dishwasher if I want. Maya definitely doesn't like being confine and unable to move much, but she is getting used to it.

Activities that we can do together. Maya is old enough now to do similar things that Calvin does. Coloring is one of them. Although, she still likes to put crayons in her mouth....but what baby doesn't, right? Chalk is another fun activity!




I finally have a china cabinet. I found one on craigslist and LOVE it! Our kitchen is still in the process of being remodeled, so it has been nice to have an extra place to store some of my dishes, children's books, and children's art supplies. Here is a picture of the cabinet. Note: we will be redoing it...sanding it down and painting it a more classy color, we still haven't decided on a color. We will be staining the inside of it a darker wood color to contrast with the dishes. BUT this project is way down the road....there are too any others to start and finish right now!

We got a kitten...well, more of a teenage kitty. She is 13 weeks now. The kids and I took her in to get her first set of shots and got tested for worms (thankfully negative). She will be getting her next round of shots in a couple of weeks. The kids absolutely LOVE her and she has been so much fun for us. We still don't have a name for her yet...kind of waiting for Calvin to come up with one for her. We have been getting to know her more and trying to find some distinct atributes to help with names. The main thing that sticks out to me right now is her farting! She reeks the room up...she farts all the time and it stinks so bad. So, anyone have any suggestions on good kitty names?

Well, it's late and I am ending with this! Goodnight!
2 comments:
So exciting to get away by yourselves! I love craigslist too...you found some great things. Your kiddos are just too cute!
Post a Comment