Thursday, June 17, 2010

Shame on creepy email Hackers!

So, my email account and my blog were both disabled today. Apparently, some creep hacked into my email and tried to send out a link to some people in my address book for a website that sells viagra. Ya....just a LITTLE creepy! Anyways, we got it set back up with a new password and we are good to go!

Our house right now is a little crazy! We have kitchen cabinets everywhere (we found a really good deal on raw oak cabinets from Home Depot and decided to jump on it) including our living room, dining room, and kitchen. We will be painting them white and installing them hopefully sometime soon within the next month or so. We are still looking around for something good for our countertops. Hopefully, we will get really lucky on that too!

Things that have kept us busy lately:
1) Installed a new front door with new hardware (we actually found this old door from a salvage place nearby and took it home with us a long time ago and gave it some love). It didn't have any glass, so we had to get some tempered glass for it and for some reason that took us over a year to do. I would still like to find some small fake flowers to put in the wreath on the door.



2) Installed two landscaping lights. I finally found some at Home Depot that we both really liked. Johnny wired it and I dug and hid the wires in the ground.



3) We installed a new faucet finally! I found a really cheap deal on ebay and won the bid. I got a a brushed stainless steel faucet for only $38 which retails for over a $100. I am super excited about this one!
Goobye old one!


Hello new faucet! Ignore the peeled paint behind the faucet...that still needs to be fixed.



4) I finished landscaping for now ;) It seems like there is always something you can add...I LOVE working in the yard! Pictures to come...
5) Sold furniture and bought furniture (I will admit that I have a furniture obsession, but I DO make money when I do this, so it has become a great hobby and obsession to have). I enjoy changing things in my home and making a little money on the side. I will post pictures of the changes later.
6) I found a new side by side double jogging stroller on craigslist for cheap (with a swivel front wheel which makes it awesome and VERY easy to move around) and the best part of it is that it even fits through a normal door.
7) I also found a mountain wagon on craigslist and only got it for $30. I have been looking for a cheap wagon for a long time and wanted to get one for Maya's birthday, so I guess it came a little early. They love it!



8) Johnny found a beautiful new work van for an amazing price! It has been such a blessing to have this van!



So, it does sound like we are going nuts buying new stuff, but this has all been money I have been able to make on the side selling stuff on craigslist. Sometimes I buy things for really cheap and fix them up and resell them. Sometimes, I don't even have to do anything. I am getting really familiar with reasonable prices and have been having a blast making some side money. I think a dream on mine would be to open my own used furniture store. Maybe one day....

Anyways, Johnny and I both made the decision to stay in the house that we have now for another 6 months or so. We could have gotten the other house, but we decided that it would be best (God helped us out in this decision) to stay here and finish the work that needs to be done on this house even if we could use a little extra space ;) Since we made that decision, God has blessed us with the means to actually do the work on our house. So, it has been very exciting and satisfying to finally (after 3 years) be able to do some work on our humble abode!

Here is a picture of the boys in the morning....I LOVE this picture...it says so much!


And here are a few more of the kids this week! Enjoy!



3 comments:

Designer outdoor furniture said...

wow nice decoration...Double bathroom vanities

Mama Mandy said...

Your home is looking great! Your children are adorable as always!

Unknown said...

It´s so great to watch your home change from being not so nice (when you bought it) to becoming a nice home and changing for the better every day.