6:00-6:45 - get out of bed, make tea, have individual devotions
6:45-7:15 - excercise together
7:15-7:30 - get dressed and ready for the day
7:30 - eat breakfast (kids are usually awake by this time)
I also LOVE having that one on one time with Johnny without the kids. We really don't get much alone time together anymore and these mornings together have been wonderful!
Speaking of schedules, I have been making my own baby food and yogurt these last couple of weeks. We bought a small food processor off of ebay and l have been able to make lots of fresh baby food for Maya. After tasting some store bought baby food, I decided not to buy it anymore. Maybe occasionally when we are on trips, but when I'm at home it will save tons of money and Maya will not have to eat that nasty tasting stuff. It's amazing how baby food doesn't even taste a thing like what it's supposed to. YUCK! I want my kid eating the REAL thing! Here is a picture of the first batch I prepared (avocado and banana) and my sweet Maya Eliana!


I also started making yogurt. I was a little apprehensive at first thinking that it would be complicated, but it really is the easiest thing and we save A LOT of money! There are tons of recipes for it online and they are all very similar. My first batch was using the oven. The second batch I used the crock pot. We go through so much yogurt and this makes it so inexpensive! Here is a picture of my first batch of yogurt (most of it had already been eaten).

Johnny's birthday was last week. I made some yummy Danish Puffs for breakfast and Calvin brought in his birthday card that he had painted for his daddy! He even pretended to read the inside to Johnny!



These are a couple of sweet pictures of Calvin and Johnny hanging out together (looking outside for birds and playing the flute).


Did I ever mention how much Maya adores Calvin. As soon as Maya wakes up from her nap, she looks around for Calvin and gets a HUGE smile on her face when she sees him. They love each other and it is so much fun to watch. This is Calvin playing the harmonica and Maya was amazed...she just stared at him!

This is a sweet picture Johnny took of Maya listening to music. She actually kept the headphones on for a good amount of time.

And last but not least, here is one of Maya and I. I LOVE my baby girl! What a delight!

We are all fighting a lovely cold virus being spread around the family. Fun times! I hate being sick with two kids that are sick as well. Last night Calvin had a really hard time getting to sleep, because he was so congested and couldn't stop coughing. He has been fussy and miserable feeling for the last three days. Today I am starting to feel the hot/cold yucky feeling and I have a feeling that Maya is starting to get it as well. We are ALL loading up on echinacea, Vitamin C, OJ, yogurt, and tylenol for my little man. Poor thing. Although, I think that he is over the worst of it...now it's our turn! Wish us good luck!
5 comments:
I want your yogurt recipe! I have been thinking about giving it a try for awhile, but just haven't felt up to figuring it out. I am having the hardest time keeping up with the smallest things these days because being so nauseous and tired all the time (pregnant again). I also think the morning schedule is a great idea! I have been wanting to do that too and hopefully will be able to once I get past the first trimester.
The schedule thing comes & goes for me but I did it this Monday and today...it feels great when I choose to spend time with God and Andy first thing. Now that E is 4 months old, my old sleepy excuse is no longer valid every day...some days though, whoa, I still think I need that extra 30 min!
aw anna these photos are so lovely! your kids are so beautiful. i'm so impressed with all your home made things! they look really good! xx
Check out my blog. I just gave you a blog award!
I always made the kids baby food. The other stuff seems so expensive. You pictures are so cute and Maya is getting so big!
Post a Comment