My body is changing. My skin if different. My HAIR is different. I'm loosing TONS of hair! My eyesight has changed (I need to get my eyes checked again - I get headaches every day now). I am always tired! My moods have been crazy! Everything has been really weird for me...I'm guessing it's possibly a late postpartum since I had abdominal surgery a few months ago and my body never got a good chance to go through postpartum right after Maya was born. It has been very interesting.
Anyways, I have naturally wavy hair (it's thick, course, frizzy, poofy, and not as wavy as I would like it to be), but I straighten it a lot. When I straighten it, I can go a whole week without having to wash my hair again. After making some side money on my own I just recently bought my first flat iron (the last one I was given as a hand me down from a friend and it had definitely lived its life). I bought the "T-Studio Remington flat Iron" which has been absolutely amazing! I can straighten my hair very quickly! I also got some Biolage smoothing serum (which I have never owned before) and I LOVE it! I have never had my hair so straight and silky smooth and not be poofy!
On the days I don't feel like taking a long time to style my hair I wear it wavy. When I wear it wavy I can also go a week without washing it, but I usually just wear it down one day and then wear it up the rest of the week. The last few times that I have worn my hair wavy, it has REALLY been wavy! My hair is starting to curl more! I'm so excited about this! I can wear my hair down longer and it's so much faster to do my hair this way! So, the next girly hair appliance I will be saving up for is a new blowdryer with a diffuser (any suggestions?). The one I am using is about finished. I'm not surprised since it was one of the cheapest ones I got at a walmart during college a long time ago. I'm amazed it has lasted this long! The attachment for the diffuser is just about to break off. Oh, and in case you were curious, I use Biolage firm hold gell on my hair (I have used it since college) and I absolutely LOVE it! I guess I just really like their products, because I use their shampoo and conditioner as well (my mom and brother got me started on those).
So, here is a picture of my crazy wavy hair after I had just finished diffusing it! Anyone else ever experience a drastic hair change or body change after having babies or for an unknown reason?
7 comments:
I've so been there. I had Lasik on my eyes in January of 2006. They didn't tell me that pregnancy could affect my eyesight. So now I wear a contact in one eye.
I think my hair has also gotten curlier. Yours looks beautiful. And thanks for mentioning your products. I'm always looking for recommendations for hair products and it sounds like our hair is very similar.
Anna, you are SO beautiful! I love your curlier hair and it has so much shine and volume to it! Never wish for less volume because we'll all get it when we grow old. I don't have kids, but my sister-in-law has had two and is expecting #3, but after her second one, her hair did what yours did: wavy to curly! Not sure if she's experienced any other differences with skin or vision, but we all love her hair. I know straight and sleek is 'in' right now, but I think curly hair is so beautiful and feminine :) I enjoy reading your blog and seeing your adorable kids grow up.
I have wavy hair too. I hope that is gets curlier with my second pregnancy because it is so much easier to fix my hair that way!
My hair has totally gone lifeless after my last pregnancy...I'm happy for you that yours had the opposite effect on your hair!
anna i love this! i seriously hardly recognized you with that massive curly hair! it is so beautiful! my hair got wavy after highschool... it used to always be stick straight. not sure what will happen with having kids though... it will probably go crazy.
you look beautiful hope your headaches go away and you start feeling better! xx
Anna! You are beautiful! My hair has always been thin and I lost TONS after Eli was born. I seriously thought I was going bald. So, now it is thinner than ever and I have all of these new little hairs growing in that stick straight up! Not cool!
Have I ever told you I think your hair is absolutely gorgeous? Yeah, I've always thought so :)
Post a Comment