Monday, August 3, 2009

Resting


Today I am resting. Calvin went to Ama and Baba's house (Johnny's parents house) for the day while I stayed home with Maya to rest. I already miss him!


This morning Maya had another doctor's appointment (she also had one on Friday). On Friday they weighed her and she had lost a pound since birth. My milk hadn't come in all the way yet and so she wasn't gaining enough for her size and the doctor was worried since her blood sugar level wasn't good at birth. Poor little girl was hungry and that is why she was up a lot during the night and constantly wanting to eat all day every day. So, the doctor suggested giving her a little formula to top off her feedings every once in a while until my milk came in. I did this a few times and then thankfully my milk came in full blown on Saturday and Maya is SO MUCH HAPPIER! Today they weighed her and she was back to her birth weight. The doctor was surprised that she had gained that much weight so fast (two days). I'm not surprised, because she was chugging the breast milk as soon as it came in. Last night was amazing. She only woke up once during the night to be fed and she only nursed on one breast. That shows you how much milk I have right now! Amazing how the body can work like that! Anyways, here are a few pictures of our family at home this weekend. Calvin is REALLY starting to love on Maya and it's so cute to watch him interact with her. This last week was pretty rough for him (poor boy has to share his momma now), but it seems to be getting better every day! He loves to give her kisses and hugs and he is always saying her name now!






By the way mom and dad, thanks again for the beautiful orhid that you sent. Here is a picture of it. I have always wanted my own orchid!


And thank you so much to everyone for all your wonderful meals and gifts to us! What an incredible blessing. The meals have been absolutely amazing and delicious! What a HUGE help it has been for us!

1 comment:

Tim and Randi Weigle said...

It's amazing how big Calvin now looks when he's next to Maya! Before, he looked like a little toddler, now he's a BIG brother! So sweet!