
So, today I am without Calvin again...I had him for the last two days and I am completely worn out! I don't think that I have ever been this tired before. The mornings have been hard, because both kids are up. I am trying to entertain a 22 month old and keep a fussy newborn happy in the morning. For some reason, Maya has been fussy in the mornings and prefers to be held. And Calvin is just a typical busy little boy who needs things to do or he is bored out of his mind. Poor kid. So, I kept him pretty entertained for the last two days, but now I am completely and utterly exhausted. I want to be that super mom who can juggle two little kids at once and still have lots of energy for house and husband, but I have to admit I am not there yet and I don't think at this point that I will ever be fully there in all areas. I am sure that things will get better as Maya becomes less needy and my body comes back to me, but it has been very discouraging not being able to take care of both of my kids. I am SO looking forward to this weekend when Johnny and I can be together again. So, here is a picture I took this morning of Maya and her very tired mommy!

This week I have been obsessing over what to get Calvin for playing in our back yard. Our back yard is a disaster in itself, but we have not had any outdoor toys (except for our mini baby pool) for him to play with outside. The other day I took Calvin out to play in our back yard and after (maybe 5 minutes) he went to the gate and said, "all done". I couldn't believe it! He was bored and didn't even want to be in the backyard. So, I made a little extra money this week through craigslist and am planning to spend that money on outdoor toys for Calvin. Ideally, I would really like him to have a sandbox with a lid (preferably one that Johnny builds) and also a fun wagon for him to pull around the yard, but we will just have to wait and see what I find. I found someone on craigslist who had a wood playhouse for free and I have tried calling a couple times, but I haven't been able to get ahold of them. That tree/playhouse would be awesome, but I don't know if it will actually happen. Anyways, I need to go and get some food in me. I ate breakfast really early this morning, so I am ready to have lunch! Breastfeeding sure has made me WAY hungrier than normal!
2 comments:
The Wiggles and Barney saved me in the beginning. I figured a little TV woun't kill Grace. . .plus it kept me somewhat sane in the beginning. You'll get the hang of it and it will get so much easier. Grace and Obie love our "fake" sandbox. Its a mini pool we filled with sand. Its turned into a beach on a few occassions (no top) but keeps them busy. They also have a small wagon that we have outside that came with legos in it. The sandbox it great though because when they get board of it you can just add different "creative" toys to it.
Hang in there. It does get better and easier. I totally remember feeling all of those emotions. I think post-pregnancy hormones make it even worse, that and sleepless nights. But one day, you'll look back and wonder where the time went. Even though you miss Calvin try to enjoy the time you have with Maya by herself because that time will be hard to find later on.
Maya is beautiful!!
We might have a Little Tikes playhouse for you. I have to talk to Michael about it. Let me know if you are interested.
Post a Comment