Monday, July 20, 2009

6 centimeter dilated!!??

So, I had my weekly doctors appointment today and they went ahead and checked me since her due date is actually today and it had been three weeks since the last time they checked me. Well, after my doctor did her thing, she looked at me and said, "that is the softest cervix I have checked in a while. Your already 5-6 centimeters dilated. The nurse in the room started laughing and was like, "shouldn't you be in the hospital?" Then, the doctor laughed and told me that if I started having contractions to just go ahead and go straight to the hospital, because she wants to be there before I feel like pushing. So, this day has been really odd. I have been having contractions, but not that often or regularly and they really haven't been that painful....very different from Calvin's labor. So, I really don't know what to think. I guess I will just wait till my water breaks and that will be when I go to the hospital!

Here is a sneak peak at some of our maternity photos we took this weekend. I really like this one of Calvin and I!

4 comments:

Team Inglis said...

anna! good luck! this is so terribly exciting! i hope you manage to stay relatively sane while waiting for her to come. can't wait to see the photos when she does. that photo is beautiful! xx jenny

Katie Tracy said...

Such a beautiful picture! I can't wait to meet baby Maya, I hope everything goes perfectly!

The Bannon Clan said...

WOW! Getting close. Good job being patient. . .the end can be so hard.

Unknown said...

Anna I'm so excited for you! Not long now! Just relax and enjoy this time if you can. Maya will come exactly in God's timing.