Sunday, April 5, 2009

Rudolph and the Dogwood Tree

Things have seemed pretty busy lately. I really don't know where to begin. This week Calvin and I worked on potty training. I didn't really know if he was ready or not, but I gave it a try anyways. Well, things didn't really go as I had hoped, but what can you expect from a 17 month old...He will sit on the potty as long as he has a lollipop to suck on. He still hasn't actually gone in the potty, but I am sure that will come eventually. The part that I am kind of wondering about is the fact that he doesn't seem to mind having a wet diaper or just peeing wherever he feels like. After waking up from one of his naps this week, I went to go check on him and this is what I found ;)



It was pretty hilarious. I had just taken his other comforter off to wash and had put a random quilt on his bed and clean sheets as well. I forgot to put pants over his diaper and so he decided to take them off and then pee on the bed. If you look really hard at the second picture you can see the pee spot to the right of his cute chubby legs. Luckily it didn't soak through to the sheet. So, all I had to wash was another blanket. Anyways, I learned my lesson to ALWAYS put pants on over his diapers.

The rest of the week was spent in whitie tidies. It was just a ton of cleaning all day long every day with whitie tidies and so now we are back to just cloth diapers. The constant watching him and cleaning up after peeing (luckily no pooping) literally pooped me out! Here are a couple cute pictures of Calvin in his tiny whitie tidies.



Calvin had his first big accident on Friday ): It was such a beautiful day, so we were outside most of the time in our backyard. If you have seen our yard, it's not the most kid friendly place in the world. We have a lot of scrap wood and cement chunks and things just waiting to be taken to the dump. Our backyard is also overgrown in weeds. We have a lot of work to do on our backyard. With that being said, Calvin trips a lot over random protruding objects in our back yard. Well, this time some weeds got a hold of his foot and he tripped and happened to land his face perfectly on the cement corner of our house. It scared me, because he bled quite a bit. I immediately brought him inside, wet a washcloth to soak up all the blood, and rocked him in the rocking chair while he cried and cried. It was the saddest thing ever! It even made me tear up...Well, he hit his nose the hardest and blood came from the inside and out. He also got the swollen lip and a small bruise on his forehead. Fun times! At first I was worried that he might of broken his nose, but luckily he didn't. He is fine and isn't even complaining about it. He just has a big scab on his nose. I guess he will be our cute little rudolph for a week or so ;)



Johnny came home early on Friday (since he was working on Saturday) and we all got to go to Lowes to pick out a tree. I saved up money from babysitting last week to get a tree, so we had to decide what kind we wanted. We were deciding between a redbud and a Dogwood...we chose the Dogwood. We found the perfect tiny Dogwood tree and brought it home to plant. Calvin was quite the helper (well, in his own little way)! Here we are digging the hole and playing in the dirt!





Once the hole was dug, Calvin had to get into it. This reminded me of when I was a kid when we lived in Indonesia. There was a ditch to the side of our house and after it had rained I loved to get in there and play in it. This is just one of the REALLY good memories I have in Indonesia. But this reminded of how fun it must have been for Calvin to get into that hole Johnny had dug for the tree. It was so cute!


Calvin also mastered the sprayer on the hose for the first time. He was spraying everything and was so proud of himself. So, here is a picture of that and also some other random ones from that afternoon.



2 comments:

DeMo said...

So sad about his accident! Fortunately it didn't require a visit to the ER!

Yay for getting a Dogwood tree! It reminds me of Siloam.

The Bannon Clan said...

Ahhhh! Poor guy! That looks bad. The tree looks nice. . .we got a cherry tree last year and it seems to be growing. . .we aren't the best with plants. I'll facebook you about the pictures.