Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Crazy Oklahoma Weather!

Wow! Today is going to be an interesting day. Calvin woke up a couple time last night and a few times the night before. Today he woke up in a bad mood and then has been throwing temper tantrums off and on all morning. We are back to cloth diapering during naps and trips and training pants during the day while we are at home. We gave them a break for a while, because I couldn't seem to get rid of his diaper rash. Since he is not wearing them all day long I am hoping that his diaper rash will not come back. Today I was officially going to start a relaxed approach to potty training. I am not positive that he is ready, but we are going to keep getting on the potty before and after naps and after meals as well. I have been giving him suckers while he sits on the potty. He likes that! He hasn't gone in the potty yet, but I think that he has already accomplished a lot by sitting on the potty for 5 minutes straight. That is a LONG time for a little 17 month old. Today I am busy with washing sheets, diapers, clothes, towels, etc. Right now Calvin is napping and I am taking a short break.

On Saturday it snowed here in Tulsa (around 5 inches). Crazy Oklahoma weather! I really was not happy about it, but was glad Calvin got to be out in it for a bit. I am definitely ready for spring weather to be able to garden and be outside most of the day! So, that is why I was not happy about the snow. Luckily, it has all melted already and we are getting back to warmer weather again. Here are a couple pictures of Calvin in the snow.



We also got to pick out a fish for Calvin on Saturday. It has been a lot of fun watching him interact and recognize the fish every morning when he gets up. He really likes that fish. We are still training him that he cannot touch the fish, but only look at him. That must be so hard for him to understand, especially when he is so hands on everything. Nonetheless, it has been lots of fun.




We didn't go to church on Sunday, but had our own little church service at some friends house from down the street. It was nice for a change to have a more intimate get together as believers. We had a delicious breakfast that Stephanie prepared for all of us. Then, Johnny led the music with his guitar and while the boys played in the bedroom by themselves, Jason gave a lesson. It was great! Anyways, Johnny had to work at 1pm, so we had to cut it a little short. Well, when Johnny got back from work he brought me this:


It was so sweet of him to that for me! I have been talking about this music for a while and didn't think that he would actually get it for me. I was pretty excited and have been playing it in the kitchen every day since I got it ;)

I planted some parsley from seeds. Here is a picture of a few of the seedlings just barely peeking up out of the dirt earlier this weekend. Now they are really coming up a lot! It's so much fun to watch something you planted as a seed to grow like that. I will have to post another picture soon of its most recent growth!

1 comment:

The Bannon Clan said...

The stuff I planted didn't work. Maybe I'll try again. Nice job with your stuff though. Is it in your kitchen?