Well, we got back from our trip to Oregon to visit my family on Friday evening. We were gone for about a week and a half and it was such a wonderful time. Usually when I go on trips I am ready to come home but it was not the case this time. It was so nice to be with my parents. They spoiled us rotten with home cooked meals, exciting trips during the week, and some shopping. We have SO many pictures and it has taken me forever to sort through all of them.
I guess I will start with the day we left. I made some yummy cinamon roles the night/morning before we left to give us a little energy while we traveled. It was my mom's recipe and I have really good memories of eating her roles. Mine weren't quite as good, but I would have to say they turned out pretty well.

Calvin did as well as expected for an 18 month old. We rode two planes on the way there. We left in the afternoon and didn't get there till about 1:00 am Tulsa time. We were exhausted, but the excitement of seeing my parents kept us going. Here is a cute picture of Calvin pretending to use the telephone while I took one of my much needed potty breaks!

The next morning, my brother Paul, came up to visit right after his long night shift. He was exhausted, so he slept and we all relaxed the rest of the day. Calvin LOVED playing with Uncle Paul! They were playing with an adorable train set that my parents got for Calvin. We were going on a train ride, so they wanted to get something that was related to the train that he could play with while we were staying with them. He LOVES it!

Here are a couple pictures of Calvin and I hanging out in the beautiful back yard where my parents are living.


So, here are just a few pictures from the train ride we took. It was an older train and even had open cars at one end. When Calvin finally fell asleep (he was so excited about the "choo choo train"), Johnny and I quickly went to the outside cabin towards the end of the train ride. It was so much fun! The tour was beautiful and the weather was great!





We had a big family dinner on Saturday with my oldest brother and his family, grandma Vermuelen, Paul, and the rest of us at the house. Paul left on Sunday after church/lunch to go back to work. We had a wonderful time catching up a bit and it was so much fun watching him play with Calvin. So, we decided to go to the beach. My dad started feeling more energetic towards the end of the weekend, so he felt up to making some other fun stops. It was Calvin's first time at the beach and the weather was incredible. We were blessed with GREAT weather while we were in Oregon.






Another evening we had one of my dear friends over. Hope, her husband, Brian, and their three adorable kids (all under 4) came over for dinner and icecream. It was so much fun to catch up a bit even though it was such a short time.



A couple of days before we left, we stopped at Ikea and then went over to my brother, Adriel's house, for dinner and games. It was so much hanging out with them and also to see their cute home. The day before we left, we relaxed and hung out at the house. We took a few family photos in their beautiful backyard right before dinner. I absolutely LOVE the one of just my parents. They are so cute! We also played (Take 4- a quick form of scrabble) and I actually beat my mom! Growing up, this was her game and she was the master at it. Well, I beat her this time and I felt so proud of myself. It was a great end to our night ;) So, here are a couple of pictures to end our time in Oregon. Sadly, we had to leave, even though I was no where near ready to leave. Calvin was the most comfortable I have even seen him (besides our house) at my parents house. His vocabulary all of the sudden took off and he was constantly telling us stories...l don't really know what they were about, but he definitely had a lot to say. He loved patting grandpa's bald head and spending time with both of them. He was so happy there and we are definitely going to miss them a lot!


Our trip back was exhausting. We had three plane rides on the way back and Calvin about lost it on the last plane ride. It is definitely a hard thing to control a small child who just wants to run around. Poor kid was so happy to get back and let loose! So, we have been unpacking, doing laundry, catching up on house work, reviving my plants, and just trying to get settled back into our home routine. Johnny has TONS of work lined up and has been very busy this week which is a blessing! I have been overly tired lately (this little girl must be going through another growth spurt) and Calvin is still LOVING his train set! I will have to post a picture of it sometime soon! Today it has been raining all day long and Calvin is taking a long morning nap, so I have had some time to myself! I am off to eat two hard boiled eggs, hopefully to give me a little more energy for the rest of today ;)
1 comment:
Welcome home! Glad to see you back. I loved the recap of your trip. I've never been to Oregon but it's on my list of places to see. The picture of Calvin and the phone booth is so cute. He won't be that little for long! And I love the one of him and Johnny and Calvin has sand on his nose. How adorable.
Post a Comment