Friday, April 10, 2009

Crafts and Outside fun

This week has gone by SO quickly. I can't believe that tomorrow is Saturday, Easter is on Sunday, and we are leaving for Oregon to see my family on Wednesday! This week was spent working on some crafty things for our house and hanging out outside. Here are some cute pictures of Calvin eating his lunch outside one day. It was a beautiful day, even warm enough for shorts....yummy chubby baby legs ;)



I don't usually feed him ramen noodles, but he really liked it! These other pictures are of him after he played a bit in the dirt. He was throwing dirt around and every time he would get some in his eyes, he would rub his face. So, he had a very dirty face when we finally went inside. He also found Johnny's paint bucket and was carrying it up and down the stairs. You could tell that he felt very big and important, just like his daddy...he was so cute!




Now with the crafts for this week. Johnny finished making a shelf to put above Calvin's new table and chairs. It is so nice and I was really excited to be able to put a few special things on it. I found a couple of pictures on the internet that I used as inspiration to draw a couple pictures for Calvin. I still need to make a third one of stacking owls but that will come later when I have a little more time. So, the two pictures are now on his shelf and I also put Johnny's old one eared dog up there as well. He is leaning against a cup filled with suckers that Calvin likes to beg for. Actually, those suckers were supposed to be for potty training, but we haven't really gotten that far with that ;)




This picture is of the calendar that I printed from Etsy. It was a printable version and then I just framed it to make it look a little classier. I loved the designs that this lady made. They are lots of fun. I will have to post more of the months another time.


I also finished making some pillows this week. I have lots of scrap fabric and needed to figure out what to do with it. So, I finished my pillows and made them different on both sides to add a little interest. I also stitched the linen side with blue and brown thread and then stitched them together around the edges with some yarn that I had laying around. It was a fun project!



Oh, and here is my window shelf with the growing parsley, some other random plants, and my beautiful flowers from Johnny that are still really fresh looking ;)


Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

The Bannon Clan said...

Sorry, I should have clarified. . .he didn't eat the whole marker, just as much as he could. He bit the tip off which leaked the ink everywhere. We caught him with the tip in his mouth. It was all over his hands and mouth. He wasn't happy we took it away. . .looks like you guys were having fun outside. I wish it would stop raining so we could go out. Oh, and we need some more belly pictures by the way.