Thursday, March 26, 2009

It was a BELT day ;)

This morning Calvin came into my room to tell me good morning. While he was in my room, he was checking out all the belts that were hanging up in one of the corners. So, I got one down and wrapped it around his waist. There were no holes and so it was just the kind that you pull tight (you kind of have to adjust it during the day). Anyways, he wore that belt all morning long until it was nap time. It was so funny watching him walking around the house with a belt on. Too bad I didn't get any pictures of him!

Today was a rainy day. Calvin took two really nice long naps today (I wish I could know when these days will come ahead of time, so I can plan to get a little more done) and when he woke up it was raining. He loves opening his curtains before he falls asleep and also after he wakes up from his naps.


I always know when he has had enough sleep, because he is always happy. If he wakes up crying, then I try and get him back to sleep some more. After training him to sleep on his own, he does really well when it comes to naps and bed time (unless of course it's in a new setting).

Calvin got a PBJ for lunch today. He never has problems stuffing those in his mouth ;) This is his face after he ate most of his sandwich. Pretty hilarious! He thought it was funny how his hands were sticking together from the jam...


Today I made some yummy blueberry muffins for the international mom's group that meets at my house most Thursdays. As soon as it started raining, I figured that there wouldn't be very many moms who showed up and I was right. Lucky for us, we have got lots of muffins left over. It was just Olof (my friend from next door), her little boy, and I (while Calvin took his ridiculously long nap that I had to wake him up from). It was nice to hang out just the two of us, well, three of us ;)



When I finally woke Calvin up, I gave him a muffin. Here he is sitting at his adorable table that he LOVES, stuffing his mouth with muffin and milk. He was in such a cute and happy mood after his nap ;) I love it when he is in a good mood like this!



So, earlier today while I was cleaning up all the dirty dishes in the kitchen, Calvin wandered off into his room. He got really quiet, so I decided to do a quick check on him. This is what I found:


He managed to climb on top of his changing table. He has only managed to get onto the middle level (which he got stuck on and needed help off), but he has never climbed all the way up. Despite how dangerous that could have been, he was so cute just sitting quietly on his changing table looking at the picture he had taken off the wall (that was the picture that my mom cross stitched for me when I was little). He was studying it quietly by himself. I wonder what he was thinking. All I know is that he must really like that picture!


Oh, one last picture for today. We got some cheap used wooden refrigerator magnets from someone off of craigslist. Calvin loves these! It's fun watching him play with these. I can't wait to start teaching him the alphabet and then eventually how to spell things. He is such a smart boy and I know he will learn quickly! So many things to look forward to...

No comments: