Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sandbox

So, today is Sunday and I should be at church right now. Johnny and I didn't even say anything to each other about today, but we both (actually Calvin did too) got up late and assumed the same thing. We needed time at home to relax. This weekend has felt really busy, even though it really wasn't. I just feel so darn exhausted from what...I don't really know! Anyways, Johnny is making the present we are going to give Taylor (Johnny's sister's 2 year old boy) today. His birthday party is this afternoon. We were trying to think of something we could give him that he probably wouldn't get from someone else. "Toys" are kind of the generic gift and most kids get too many toys (in my opinion). I like to encourage my kids and others as well to use more of their imagination. It is definitely so much more beneficial for them! So, we (as in Johnny - I will chear him on) will be making Taylor a sandbox. We are really excited about it. So, that is what we will be doing the rest of today...well, at least up till the party. I found this picture of the coolest sandbox with wheels on it. Anyways, I want a sandbox like this one for our kids one day!

1 comment:

Team Inglis said...

anna! i just found your blog off stephanie's blog. was looking at it and thinking how adorable it was and then realized it was yours! i love it! you look like you are doing so well. just wanted to say hi. - jen