Thursday, March 12, 2009

Old Things I Love

So, this is what I have been eating a lot of lately for the baby...well, mainly the eggs and milk for protein. Although, today the eggs seemed extra good!


But this is not what I am about to write about. So, I have been doing a lot of thinking about the old items that have been passed down to Johnny and I and then to Calvin. For example, Johnny has this cute teddy bear that he had growing up. It has a missing ear and has been given lots and lots of love.


Well, now that teddy bear is Calvin's. He hasn't shown much interest in many of his stuffed animals (mainly his sheep that he sleeps with), but every once in a while he pulls out this teddy bear and loves on it. It is the cutest thing. He squeals with delight as he wraps his chubby arms around it. It is so much fun to see him love on something that Johnny was able to treasure as a child as well!




So, here are a few other items that have been passed down. This first is a picture of a little girl kneeling in prayer beside her bed. My mom cross stiched this for me as a little girl. I absolutely love this!


This next item is something Johnny's grandma (I think) cross stitched for Johnny when he was little. So sweet! So, both of these are up above the changing table, where I get to look at them multiple times of day!


And the cup (I have four of these-all with different pictures on them), which I let Calvin drink out of for special occasions, I bought at a flea market. I LOVE old and used items. I don't think that I could ever get enough of them! It's fun to think of all the stories that run behind each item.


I will always be looking for old and used items! I hope I never stop...Old things have so much more character to them! These things always put a smile on my face!

4 comments:

The Bannon Clan said...

I had those cups when I was little. Did they come from McDonalds? I know that sounds funny but I think they were some special item you could get at McDonalds.

Unknown said...

I LOVE these pictures of Calvin. He's adorable and I can't wait to see him (and you!) in person in a few weeks!

DeMo said...

Anna *your* blog is so cute! And I love the title. I am living in Wichita, doing marketing & communications for an environmental firm. But like you, I do the GD on the side, with invitations & stuff. Calvin is a cutie and is growing up! Congrats on the little-one-to-be. :)

Lydia Sarah said...

I kind of feel like I was the one who tore that ear off. Or maybe I was just nearby when it happened :(