
After a quick stop at target this morning, we ate lunch and then we BOTH went down for a nap. It was definitely hard to get up from my nap today. I think that, actually, I KNOW that our little girl is having a major growth spurt right now. When I was getting dressed this morning, I realized when I pulled my shirt on, that my tummy was definitely sticking out more. I guess she is at that point where most everything is developed and now she is just growing, growing, and growing!

After our naps, I actually managed to get out of bed. I took a look at our kitchen and this is what I saw:

Yikes! Although, this only shows the sink. There was so much more to this mess and somehow it happens every day! I really don't know how it piles up like that, but it does and it can get really annoying. So, instead of cleaning it up at first, I decided to add to the pile by making some YUMMY lemon bars. I have never used brown sugar for my lemon bars, but they turned out to be really good! I think I may keep using brown sugar for this recipe. I don't really make many sweet foods to eat (because I don't want that temptation around me), but I will every once in a while. Luckily, some of Johnny's favorite sweets (like oatmeal raison cookies) I don't really like. So, I can make those any time. So, this afternoon, Johnny, Calvin, and I got to eat some lemon bars with tea. Oh, what a comfort food...tea and a sweet snack!

So, here is my little helper cleaning out the dishwasher. So cute!

And here is the mess all cleaned up. Whew! It felt good to get something cleaned up even when I was exhausted and not really feeling up to it. I guess the lemon bars were our motivation ;)

Oh, and here is a picture of Calvin playing with one of his new chairs. He loves those chairs and scoots them across the floor all over the house. Johnny brought them out this morning, so Calvin got to wake up and see these two CUTE chairs when he came out of his room. So much fun! Hopefully, we will be able to make the table soon, so that we can set it all up together in our kitchen.
3 comments:
Oh Anna, your little bump is so precious. You look so good!! How are you feeling??
Tulsa Bible Church! I've heard good things about it. Darrin Gwartney, from JBU, goes there with his wife, Whitney. I've met Whitney once, I think, but I keep up with her blog. Do you ever see them there??
hi anna -- i don't know if you remember me but we've emailed (before the boys were born) and we have a lot of people in common! so fun to find your blog!
~ally
You have a dishwasher. . .thats not fair. I'm the offical dishwasher here. :(
It stinks when the sink looks like that. My solution is to just avoid the kitchen when its like that.
Post a Comment