Monday, March 9, 2009

Spring weather and Chubby baby feet ;)

So, I love this time of year when I can pull out the summer clothing! I have been loving Calvin's adorable legs and chubby feet...getting to see them when he wears his shorts! Yum Yum! I just can't get enough of this!


This weekend was a great weekend. I feel like I was able to get a lot done...laundry, cleaning, soaking up the sun and warm weather, sorting through baby clothes from the garage, and working on a small project for Calvin. On Sunday (since it was so nice outside) I wanted to be outside and still be able to get a lot of things done. So, I pulled out all the baby clothes (well, Johnny pulled them out for me) and sorted through them. Most of them were too boyish, but there were plenty of newborn basics that I can use for our little girl. I also finally found the bedding stuff for our moses basket. I couldn't find that stuff for the longest time and I was so relieved to have it in my hands. It may not seem like that important, but it was what I needed to get started on planning for our next baby. I am already half way through the pregnancy and I KNOW that this next half will go by even faster! So, I feel like I can start planning now. Here is the moses basket with a pile of baby clothes inside. This is in our bedroom and makes my face light up every time I walk in there.


So, the project that I finally began this weekend actually got finished. They are drying in the laundry room right now, but I am so excited to use them. We are planning on making a matching round table to go with these adorable chairs. I found these chairs at a garage sale in the neighborhood a while back (I got them both for only $2). They were in pretty bad shape, but all they needed was a little love. I have had them outside for a long time waiting for the weather to warm up. I didn't want to work on them in the cold weather. So, I scrubbed, washed, sanded, and then wiped them down really well. Here is what they looked like when this stage was done:


Then we went to Lowes and picked out some FUN spray paint. The next stage Johnny got to do (since I probably shouldn't be taking in all those fumes plus he is the expert at painting). He primed and painted them. Here is a picture of the final product. They are still drying right now and I want to make sure that they dry really well. So, they are on the washer and dryer so NO little hands can get to them. You can even see the logo on the back...pretty awesome. I absolutely LOVE the colors we picked. They were exactly what I had in mind!


1 comment:

The Bannon Clan said...

The chairs are so cute! How did you get the legs so shiny?