Thursday, March 19, 2009

John Calvin Taylor VI-IX

So, our main reason for going to Pennsylvania this spring break (excluding the wonderful fellowship with the extended family) was to get a picture of all the John Calvin Taylors. There are four of them alive right now: John Calvin Taylor VI, VII, VIII, and IX. It was so neat to see them all together. Today I was loading pictures onto the computer and every time Papaji (that is what we all call Johnny's grandpa) would come up, he would point to him and say "Papaji! Papaji!". It was really cute to see him recognize his grandpa that he only got to see for a couple of days. So, here is one of the many pictures that we took of all the John Calvin Taylors together.


I am sure that there are many other pictures that turned out much better, but I was only able to take a couple before my camera's battery died.


So, here is how we started our mornings at the farm. Look at that beautiful lighting! Johnny, Calvin, and I stayed at Papaji's and Maji's house (aunt Ginny and aunt Allison also live there to take care of Maji and Papaji). They stuffed us with yummy fresh eggs, cereal, juice, toast, and most importantly TEA for our breakfast in the mornings. Wow...the hospitality! They were wonderful and spoiled us rotten. Johnny's parents, four sisters and little Taylor stayed at Aunt Carla's house. We would walk over there for lunch and dinner. It was so nice to be spoiled with all these yummy meals and lots and lots of tea. I normally drink tea twice a day (once in the morning right after I wake up and then once in the afternoon or evening). After these last couple of days, I am going to crave it more during the day ;)

These next pictures are of Calvin and Papaji in the morning after breakfast. It was so cute to watch the two of them interact. Calvin really loves Papaji! The first picture is of Calvin playing Uncle Fred's flute. The next are a sequence of pictures of Papaji tickling Calvin playing the "Bumblebee". This is when he says (I guess I would say that this is a family tradition) "bumblebee goes round the tree and BZZZZZZ". You take your finger and go around and around until you get close enough to start tickling. Calvin absolutely loves this and REALLY enjoyed Papaji doing it to him.





This picture is of Calvin watching Papaji playing the harmonica. Calvin even got to play it. He has one at home, which he learned to play a while ago. So, it's fun to see him try and copy Papaji.


We did a lot of walking around the farm land. It happened to be great weather the two days that we were there, so it was perfect. We got our share of basking in the sun and enjoying beautiful walks on the land. Here are a few pictures taken outside.






Calvin even got to drive a car for the first time (of course with Johnny's help). It was so cute! He got SO EXCITED ;)


The last two days, the two little cousins (Calvin and Taylor) played together a lot. They are so different from each other, but it was so much fun watching them interact. This picture is a bit blurry, but I actually got one of the two of them sitting still together on the couch. They were watching "Backyardigans" and were both really enjoying it!


So, last night we walked back to the house we were staying at after dinner and roasting marshmellows around a fire. When we came inside, Papaji and Maji were sitting together in the living room. They have to be one of the cutest couples I have ever met. They have been together for 60 + years and are still very much in love with each other. I love to see that and how they interact. They are very much a young couple on the inside, just quite a bit wiser. So cute! I hope that Johnny and I can grow to become like them. They are both very content and happy in whatever situation they are in. Maji is mostly blind and yet she is still happy. She sings all the time, which I adore. She could be bitter and unhappy in her situation, but she isn't. I love people who are grateful in whatever situation they are in. I have so much to learn from that. So, we were able to chat for a bit before taking Calvin to bed. It was nice to have a few more words with them before we left early the next morning.


Well, this is all I am going to write for tonight. I am exhausted and really should be in bed right now. I will post a couple of links tomorrow for more pictures from our trip!

1 comment:

Laurel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.