Wednesday, March 25, 2009

It's officially Spring!


Isn't the lighting beautiful. This was taken early one morning this week when Johnny was leaving for work. It was raining hard, but there was sunlight peaking through...definitely worth taking a picture of. Oh, how I LOVE rainstorms!

Wow! I can't believe that it is already Wednesday. Today is an exciting day. My really good friend Emily is coming over with her sister Annie and her new baby boy and we are heading out to watch Emily try on wedding dresses. Emily and I have known each other since we were in 5th grade. We met at a small Christian school in Moscow, Russia and some how both ended going to the same college. She was with me when I tried on wedding dresses, so I am super excited to share that experience with her for her own wedding!

So, today I went to walmart to get some groceries for dinner tonight. Laurel (Johnny's sister) is coming over and we are going to have some yummy Korean bugolgi (don't know if that is how you spell it) with some spicy cucumber salad. Anyways, my mouth is already watering. This is one of my favorite meals! So, while we were at walmart, I passed by some glass containers and it made me think, I should get a fish for Calvin. He loves the fish at our neighbors house and it would be great for him to learn how to feed the fish, clean the bowl and be able to see and learn about a FISH! So, I found a really cheap bowl ($4) at walmart and we are probably going to pick out a fish this weekend. Here is the bowl without anything but marbles in it. I want to also get a little plant to put in there. Soon you will get a picture of our new fish. I know that Calvin will love this!


Since we have been back from Pennsylvania, I put Johnny to work ;) He made me a little shelf above our kitchen sink, so that I can put my plants on it. There is a lot of morning light there and is perfect for growing some herbs and such. So, here is my small lovely collection of plants on my new window shelf. Seeing a little of this whenever I am in the kitchen always puts me in a better mood. I can never get enough plants!


Speaking of plants and such, I have found a website where to buy things for your garden. This website is ridiculously cheap. You may have to wait and be a little more patient before seeing things bloom, but it's all worth it when it comes to money. You can even buy trees for really cheap. They come pretty small, but so worth saving the money! Here is the website:
http://www.directgardening.com/
I hope that this is helpful for those of you who like to garden. I have already picked out a lot of things to get, but am waiting till be have a bit more money saved for it...Oh, I can't wait! It will be so much fun to be able to work on our yard again. This is definitely my favorite time of year!

So, another project I had Johnny work on was the table for the little chairs that we redid that I posted earlier on my blog. He came up with this adorable design and did it all from scrap wood and stain that he had in our garage. So, it was another freebie...Oh, Calvin absolutely loves his new table and chairs! Now I just need to figure out how I want to decorate his new little corner in the kitchen ;)



One last thing I had Johnny put up was our shelf in the bathroom. Johnny had made this shelf a LONG time ago and it has just been sitting on top of the basket on the toilet. So, we finally have it up! How can little details like this be so exciting? I don't know, but it sure was for me.



You might wonder what that round thing is hanging above the toilet paper. Well, that is another cheap find we saw at a garage sale a long time ago. This is a old cheese container. Ya, I know it's a little random to have hanging in the bathroom, but I really like it. Here is a close up of it.


I also hung up a couple of leftover pieces of fabric that I had from our curtains from Ikea. This is kind of random too, but I felt like decorating a little. So, this is the fabric hung with two embroidery hoops.


Here is one last picture to end the day with. Calvin is hanging on me. It is getting a little harder to be his jungle gym while having a belly stick out more and more every day ;)

2 comments:

DeMo said...

#1: I love the lighting in that first photo.

#2: That table is so cute! My sisters both bought the table & chairs from IKEA but yours is so cute! And cheap, too! Lucky for you, you have a hubby who enjoys building stuff on the cheap. :)

#3: I love the color of your bathroom. It looks so serene in there...

#4: I also love the idea of hanging the fabric with the hoops.

Two years later and I still don't have many decorations in my apartment but maybe I'm a little bit inspired and will do something about that. ;)

Rebekah said...

Anna-you are so creative with your home and the decorations... how lucky you are to be married to a handyman. :) Also, the cheese wall hanging is French! Brie! YAY! :) Your son is so adorable and I can't wait to "meet" through pictures your new little one!
Blessings!
Rebekah (Kent)