Johnny and I are very different from one another when it comes to our personalities....well, pretty much the complete opposite. Funny how that happens and how perfectly balanced it makes our marriage. Obviously, there are times when we drive each other completely nuts, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Anyways, Johnny and I have two very different children. Calvin is just like his daddy and Maya seems to become more and more like me. So basically.... Calvin = mellow, layed back, and easy to please.... and then Maya = STUBBORN, crazy, hyper, and pretty much just never stops... She is definitely the wild one in this family!
Well, Maya just got moved to a big girl bed and we have been working with her to stay in her bed ALL last weekend and this week so far. Nap time is the hardest. I think that this last Sunday we must have gone into Maya's room at least 10 times before I finally layed down with her for a couple minutes until she fell asleep. It has gotten easier this week, but it is definitely a lot harder training her then it was with Calvin. She is one stubborn girl and I can just hear my mom laughing right now. Apparently, she knows a little girl who was very stubborn as well ;)



Look at this stink eye...just how my mom would say it whenever I would get into a mischievous and rambunctious mood .... "she has got the nasties!"
So, this weekend we are driving to Bartlesville to pick up her big girl bed frame. It's pink and girly and I can't wait! Pictures to come. This new stage is so frustrating (mainly because I am loosing lots of my free time), but it is also very exciting. I can't believe I have two kids in real beds now. I think it's about time for another baby ;)
I like to refer to Maya as my WILD LITTLE LADY. She is and you can see it in her eyes! I LOVE it! Don't get me wrong. She is super sweet and can be very cuddly on her own time, but just in a different way. Here are some pictures of her playing with the kitty on our bed. You can just see her personality come out in these pictures.



Look at this stink eye...just how my mom would say it whenever I would get into a mischievous and rambunctious mood .... "she has got the nasties!"



No comments:
Post a Comment