Friday, March 4, 2011

Thrifty Finds

I don't know about you, but I am obsessed with thrifting. I LOVE looking and looking for that one thing that is special and jumps out to me and is CHEAP.... I think this has got to be one of my favorite things to do. It's a thrill and is very therapeutic for me! Anyways, here are a few fun finds that I have collected over time....

These I found at my favorite (so far) thrift store in town. I love these glasses and I love drinking from them. They are great for kids too, easy to handle and fun to drink out of (Calvin likes drinking from them too)
This mirror I found for $3. I'm thinking it will go in our bedroom, but we are still working on that. I think I will paint the frame a really fun color.
This HUGE trunk I spotted at Generations on 11th and Yale. It's a really old trunk, but still in good enough condition to use as a toy chest. It's huge so it can literally fit all of their toys in it. And the awesome thing was that it was only $25. I still can't believe it, so I called Johnny and he stopped by on his way home from work and thought it was an awesome deal too, bought it, and brought it home.
Oh, and while he picked up the trunk, he happened to spot an awesome leather hat that fits Calvin perfectly...and you know how we are hat obsessed. Around our house we love sporting fun hats.

We were very excited about this mirror. If you ever want a large beveled mirror for cheap ($35), go on over to Hotel Liquidators on 11th and 169. The frame is an ugly gold, but I painted it a beautiful silver color. I don't have the final picture of it done, because we had to buy another one since the first mirror shattered (big whoops on our part). So, I will have an after picture as soon as we finish putting it all together and hanging it up in the right spot.
And here is a piece I am thinking about getting to put underneath this huge mirror we will be putting up on our bedroom wall. If I were to get it, I'm thinking of recovering it with fabric that will match our bedroom colors a little more and staining the legs a little darker ;)
And I couldn't help but put a few pictures of the kiddos on here from the other morning. It was a sweet moment and wanted to share it ;) The kids started playing with Maya's hair things and then started putting them on the dinosaurs. I thought it was funny.



Aren't they cute? I can't imagine life without them. They are so awesome!

2 comments:

Sally Anne said...

Calvin looks like a little Indiana Jones. It's adorable.

Mama Mandy said...

That's great that they can play with her hair things...I keep our btrm cabinet locked, but I may have to get out some of Hope-e's hair things now & then for them to play with. I love all your thrifty finds! I wish I had time (& energy to wrangle the kids in the store) to go more often! =)