Today my lovely mother in law invited the kids and I to ride along with her to Claremore to pick up some unpasterized milk. And of course I couldn't just leave with only milk. I picked up some honey, jam, and cheese. YUM! It is so much fun knowing that what I'm putting into my body and my families bodies are good and wholesome.

As soon as we got home, the kids were asking for yogurt shakes. So, that is what we did and this time I used some of the raw milk we picked up. Oh, it was good!

I have been trying super hard to loose any extra weight that I have gained from birthing two children and having abdominal surgery right after the second birth. And so far it has been working. I cut out my tea in the mornings and afternoons (which was a HUGE deal). I only like it with lots of sugar and half and half, so it was going to be all or nothing and I chose nothing. I replaced it with this.

I usually fill up a cup with Kafir (this brand from Akins or another from Reasors or Walmart) and mix in 1 TBS. of flax seed. It's not the loveliest texture to drink, but it is so good for me. Then I cook an egg or two and that finishes my breakfast.
For lunch I have been eating salad. I know this can sound boring, but it really is far from that for me. I actually crave this now. I LOVE IT! I mix together spinach, cucumber, tomatoes, avocado, garlic salt, olive oil, and a sprinkle of cheese on top (I will be using the mozzarella cheese we just picked up and I can't wait ;). And this is how yummy it looks!

I also try to workout every day...even if it is only for 10-20 minutes. I have been doing toning workouts through our apple tv on netflix and praying that I don't get bored of them, but I am (I must look pretty funny to any strangers walking by...since we live on a 4 lane street and we have a lot of traffic going by). Luckily, it's getting nice outside again and I am planning on going back to jogging. I know it's going to kill the first week or two, but my "naughty/sexy" music that gets me in the mood is a GREAT motivator. Anyone else have weird music they LOVE listening to when they excercise?
Well, my kids are sleeping and I am going to rest a bit before they get up. I will show some fun thrifty finds in my next post, so be excited ;)


4 comments:
YOU ARE AWESOME!! I am impressed-you are doing such a great job, keep it up....what are your healthy snacks....and if you say you don't snack I might think you're crazy!
Way to go on eating well. I have been struggling with craving sweets since I was pregnant with Nora. We eat pretty healthy for the most part, but I love to indulge myself these days. I have been trying to lose those last couple of pounds and get some good muscle tone back after this 2nd pregnancy. Probably won't happen until I'm done nursing though. :)
I think Andy & I are gonna take the kiddos over there one day soon. It sounded like a fun, yummy place to go! =) Way to go on your healthy eating! Maybe that'll be my goal after #4 bambito is born...
Please be careful with the unpasteurized milk! I don't know what health benefits you think it has, but the truth is pasteurization kills harmful bacteria and unpasteurized can make you really sick. Check out this link for more info.
http://www.fda.gov/Food/ResourcesForYou/Consumers/ucm079516.htm
Post a Comment