Here is a small project I have been working on. Johnny brought home this ugly table one day after work and it sat in our bedroom for a really long time. I didn't know what to do with it until one day it finally clicked and I knew exactly where I could put it. So, I bought some black spray paint and went away hand sanding it until it was smooth enough to paint. I didn't want it completely smooth, because I was going after a more antiqued look to match the other furniture in that room. So, here is the before. I ended up taking the two end leafs off (they flip up to make it longer). One side was broken anyways, so it really wasn't much of a loss.
Here it is during the sanding progress. Let me tell you, I do not like sanding, but the end product definitely makes it worth while. First pic is front. Second is back.
And here is the final look. The picture doesn't really show any details, but I was too lazy to move it out from its spot....a great side table next to our couch and it even has storage on the bottom! Oh, and I had Johnny cut the legs, so that it would be the same height as the couch arm. Maybe I'll get a better picture later.
And I just had to end this with a picture of Maya. Isn't this a wonderful way to wake up?!!! Mornings really are the best times to cuddle!





1 comment:
That table looks amazing!
Post a Comment