Monday, January 17, 2011

New Best Friend

Here are the kids this weekend. Maya came down with a stomach bug and I got a lovely sinus infection. Poor Maya was miserable all weekend and today is my worst day so far. Maya is pretty much over whatever she got, but she is definitely pooped out from it and is very tired and still a little clingy. Poor baby! Luckily, the boys haven't got anything yet and lets hope it stays that way! Calvin is so affectionate with Maya. So sweet!
Our newest "member" of our family finally arrived Sunday afternoon. Due to Maya being sick and me not feeling well, the boys went and picked up our new little puppy. She is a boston terrier and is just about 4 months old. She is wonderful and we are all very excited....well, except for the kitty. She is definitely showing the doggy that she owns this house. I don't really know how long this kind of thing lasts, but I sure hope it stops soon. The tension is killing me ;) Just Kidding! Anyways, Calvin has definitely found his new best friend!
I still need to take our puppy to the vet, so she can get her shots. The owners had wormed her, but I need to do the rest. Last night, the kitty got very pissed off at the puppy and swatted at her. She got her right on the eye, so we are a little concerned. She isn't rubbing at her eye, but it is swollen and producing some yucky discharge and there is a white film over part of her eye, so we will be bringing her in very soon. Poor thing! I don't think she was expecting that kind of welcome ;( Anyways, wish us luck on potty training. She is doing great so far and hopefully it will keep going that way....she is such a smart little girl! Enjoy the rest of your Monday!

1 comment:

3.2.1...Lets GO! said...

So much fun! We love our cat and dog although I don't think they love the kids as much. Sad to say they still don't get along but it just adds to the fun and craziness of the house!