You notice something on your shoulder, you take a closer look and it's a huge BOOGER smeared all down your arm.
You know your a momma when...
Your hubby finds 2 wet juicy BOOGER clumps on your body as you are making out. Luckily, my man isn't too grossed out by that kind of stuff ;)
Maya, Calvin, and I have all had colds for a couple weeks. It's finally almost gone, but man, did I get my share of snot or what! I still can't believe Johnny found some leftovers from Maya the other day! Yuck! I even showered earlier that morning...apparently that was too early to shower!
This evening after dinner, I decided to show some clips of real live elephants and lions to the kids. I have never been able to give a good impression of the elephant noises, so I really wanted them to hear one. I can't believe I hadn't done this before. We have gone to the zoo, but we hardly ever hear the animals making that much noise. They were pretty excited about it...actually, I was pretty excited about it too!
What have we been up to? Well, projects and projects and projects and NOT ENOUGH TIME TO FINISH THEM ALL! Weekends are just way too short...especially with two kiddos! This weekend Johnny finally started on the armoire/bookcase for our living room right by the front door. We are super excited to get this finished and start using it! It's going to be such a beautiful piece of furniture. So, this means that we are saying goodbye to our beautiful piano. Sadly, our house is too small for both and we really need the extra storage space for our books and coats and shoes and all the other loose stuff lying around, so goodbye piano. Actually, our good friends are buying it from us, so that was super convenient and I didn't end up having to post it on craigslist. Yeah, less work for me!


Here are some more pictures of the kids....Maya and her cute dress, going on a walk in the wagon, and Maya playing with our box of condoms. I don't know why I would post a picture like this other than the fact that for some random reason I think it's hilarious. It reminds me of the time when Johnny came home from the store one day and said, "I felt kind of weird today... buying only diapers and condoms at the same time". Anyways, maybe you just had to be there...





Oh, and my little man is 3 YEARS OLD! His birthday was October 12th. Where has the time gone?!! I am so thankful God has blessed me with such a wonderful child! He is such a genuinely sweet little boy who is always wanting to learn more. He learns very quickly (sometimes remembers things I didn't necessarily mean or want him to learn). He teaches me things all the time! He is a wonderful BIG brother and I am so happy he has a little play mate now! Thanks Calvin for being the best son one could ever ask for! You are truly wonderful (changeling at times for sure...who isn't?!) but truly wonderful! And speaking of a big boy....Calvin is officially out of his pullups! We have been diaper free during the day, but now we are diaper free at night as well. I did not push this at all, but his pullups were always dry in the mornings and when we finally ran out of the pullups I just decided to not buy anymore and he has done wonderfully. He always wakes up to go during the night and then goes back to bed (except for a couple of times when he decides to explore the bathroom and my makeup bag in the middle of the night which is not cool...hopefully he has learned his lesson).
Calvin will be having a birthday party October 30th. He loves to dress up and it's close to halloween so we are planning a costume party. It will be lots of fun! We were planning on making his invitations ourselves (they were going to be really cute), but we ran out of time and energy to work on them, so we opted for email invitation. That was our first time using an evite and I felt guilty doing it, since designing invitations is something we love to do. But it was a relief to have that done! Here are a sequence of pictures I took of Calvin awhile back that I was going to use for the invitations. He is such a cutie! I bribed him with candy to stand still in front of their chalkboard long enough to take a few pictures...it didn't last long as Maya walked into the hallway right behind me with Calvin's glass of chocolate milk and dropped the glass, shattering it in every direction! But Calvin still got his candy and I have some cute pictures ;)



And last of all, I have always wanted to capture this face that Calvin makes. It always makes me laugh and he knows it...he also remembers to do it when I am annoyed at something he does and then he breaks this face out and it always makes me laugh! What a clever and sly little man I have! He is so silly!
3 comments:
Made me laugh! I am right there with ya on the Mama stuff...boogers and the like. We are planning on coming to the costume birthday party...cool idea!
All I can say is you are absolutely HILARIOUS!
Anna I laughed so hard reading this! Poor Johnny, next time you need to add girly products to the list. :p It's so sweet that Calvin knows when to break out his cute face.
Post a Comment