So, we have been remodeling out kitchen for about 8 days now. Last Saturday we gutted it down to the studs. Johnny did some electrical and plumbing work and put in some new insulation. Then the sheetrock came on. Now we have some of the lower cabinets installed. That took longer (than I thought) because we have old floors that are not level, so they (Johnny and his dad) had to work at it for a while to get all the cabinets level. I got black granite tiles off of craigslist (all we need plus a little extra for only $75...pretty great deal!) I think that Johnny might go ahead and install the granite on the right side of the stove (since we have all the cabinets installed on that side) and that way we can install our sink (YEAH) and put our dishwasher back in! Let me tell you, I cannot wait to have a sink again. Doing dishes in the bathroom was not fun at all! It would be much easier if it had only been Johnny and I, but to add dishes for two more was quite the nightmare, especially when one of us needed to shower. That may not be that big of a deal for some, but for me it was. I am a very organized individual and I LOVE to have our house clean and everything put in its place. So, this week was a little rough on me. I couldn't find where things were and it was just a mess all the time. Plus, there was yuckiness all over our floor and it was being tracked around the house by the little kiddos. I did my best to vacuum atleast a few times a day and to organize some of our kitchen stuff, but that really wasn't cutting it by the end of the week. So, we are passed the worst and things WILL be getting better. Here are some pictures of the progress that has taken place within this last week (sorry these are all from my phone, however I did take pictures with our camera, but I haven't transfered them yet).


1 comment:
Wow what a difference 8 days make! Can´t wait to see the finished product.
Post a Comment