Thursday, August 26, 2010

creativity got the best of me

I have been busy working on a lot of design work. So, I haven't been able to post for a while. There is a lot to catch up on.
Things I have been busy with:
- working on a new design logo
- making a new blog for my new logo and all the design work we do
- designing some cute baby shower invitations for my sister-in-law
- figuring out how to do more custom work on blogs, since i never studied how to do all the coding of websites ;(
- Our kitchen has been gutted for a full remodel and I'm trying to keep the kids out of it without any type of baby gate....makes for an exhausting day...we try to get out a lot!
- Still making my own batches of yogurt
- Trying to stay creative and staying up late every night because of it!

For some recent pictures...Johnny and I went on a trip for a weekend without the kids (we are lucky to have such sweet friends willing to stay at our house with the kids). The main reason we went to Kansas City was to go to our dear friends wedding. It was a great time and it was wonderful to be there just with my honey (even if we did have car problems that ended up costing us all of our free time shopping money) Here are a few pictures from that weekend in Kansas City, MO.





And here are some random pictures of the kids.






We also had a really fun birthday party for Maya. She turned 1 on July 28th, but we decided to have the birthday party later after we got back from our trip to Kansas City. It was a lot of work to plan for it since I procrastinated till the day before, but it was so much fun spending time with so many friends! Maya seemed to have a lot of fun interacting with everyone as well! She is quite the little social bug! Sadly, I didn't get pictures of the "before" since I was so busy, but I did take some pictures after the party...kind of weird, but atleast it captures the fun that the kids must have had decorating cookies and also a few decorations that I handmade. And thanks to my sister-in-law, we captured this hilarious scene after most everyone had left.






And here is a funny note to end on...Calvin got into my makeup bag and pulled out the mascara and tried to apply it all by himself. He actually did a pretty good job getting it on his left eyelashes (sadly you can't see that it the picture, but you can see the awesome smudge).

1 comment:

The Bannon Clan said...

TIme flies. . .One! They are both looking pretty dang cute and like a lot of fun. Sounds like you do design stuff. . .can you do logos? I'm needing something for my photography thing. Let me know. . .I wasn't sure where to go. Thanks!