Monday, May 17, 2010

Too busy to pee in the potty

I am SO SORRY that it has been so long since I have posted. This season is such a busy season of life for us and I really haven't had the energy when I actually have the time to sit down and write. We are working like crazy on our house right now trying to fix it up the best we can before we get it appraised. So, that is pretty much what we have been doing...oh, and taking care of the kids of course! It is exhausting taking care of the kids and working on the house at the same time!

10 Random Updates...

1) We are still waiting on our "dream house". We will put an offer in sometime this week. If everything goes the way we hope (which it hardly ever does...God always has other plans for us ;) then we will hopefully be moving into the dream house around August or September.

2) We finished most of our front landscaping thanks to some new bushes and some free plants. We will be putting a brick patio area in our back yard (Yeah for free brick)!

3) We are still working on our kitchen (lots and lots of work). We found a discount online store where we are going to order tile for a back-splash. It will look so nice. We will be fixing out counter tops and adding more counter/cupboard space (Johnny will build them). Right now we are painting all the cupboards white. It already looks so much brighter and cleaner!

4) I just found a really good quality glass outside door on craigslist (cheap) that will work perfectly for the back door and will give us even more light in the laundry room and kitchen. I will take pictures and post as soon as soon as we get a new battery for our camera (we bought new batteries for it online and they ended up being bad batteries that don't hold a charge and we will have to return).

5) I have learned that Calvin gets very easily distracted and forgets to pee on the potty, so there have been a lot of messes lately since we have all been very busy with working on the house.

6) I still LOVE gardening and landscaping even if it is long and hard. Our yards have had tons of rock and brick and metal in it. It's like someone decided to load up a mix of cement, dirt, weeds, rocks, and metal and dump it throughout the front and back yards to see what our reaction would be when we "found" it all! It's like a treasure hunt....NOT! Seriously, this has made everything so much more difficult. The side of our house had tons of gravel/cement in it, so I have been digging a lot and pouring new dirt and mulch in the narrow strip to the left of the driveway. The rest of the strip past the gate will all be brick, so I have been prepping it and leveling it as best as I can for now. We will need extra hands for finishing that project!

7) Maya is now pulling herself up to standing and scooting things around the room. She likes moving the walker and Calvin's potty. She is absolutely hilarious and such a delight to be around.

8) Calvin is recognizing alphabet letters and is now able to write a few letters all by himself! The letter W is the newest letter he can write. He is such a quick learner!

9) Today I am catching up on loads and loads of laundry since our laundry room has been stuffed with tools and all kinds of crap from who knows where! We finally cleaned it out a bit. Hopefully, we will be putting up the free drywall we got soon, so we will have 1/2 the walls in our laundry room. I can't wait to be abel to paint in there!

10) Hopefully, Johnny will be getting a truck or van in the next week, weekend, or the week after! That way we will be back to two cars! Yeah!

I posted an album on facebook of the latest pictures we have taken before the camera battery died, but here are a couple to end this update with in case some of you don't have accounts on facebook! Enjoy!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

You inspire me to be a better homeowner and keep a better yard and home. Thank you for being so great!
I love the pic with you and Calvin.