The first thing he has been practicing is going on the potty. This has all been on his terms and he is doing great at it. He has been going poop and pee on the potty now for almost two weeks (if we leave the house he wears a diaper). He had not had any accidents until today. This last weekend and beginning of this week he has been wearing his underwear rather than going naked (except for his naps and bedtime) and he has not gone potty in them yet...thankfully. Today he was playing with tools (quite the distraction apparently) without any underwear on and he went poo on the carpet and then stepped on it. He actually cried (poor kid) and so I told him that it was ok and quickly bathed him and cleaned up the mess. He moved on and the rest of the today has gone well. Here he is on his potty.

And here is Calvin in his new big boy "bug" underwear. He loves his new underwear, because it has bugs all over it!

The second milestone is moving from the crib to the toddler bed. I was so hesitant to move into this stage thinking that there would be a lot of late nights and discipline. Well, there really hasn't been any of it yet. Given, it has only been one night and a day with one nap, but he is doing great! He got up one time in the beginning of his nap today, but I ushered him back into his bed and told him that he must stay in it to take a nap and that when he wakes up from his nap he can get out and play. So far so good! What an obedient kid! I am sure there will be days when he puts up a fight, but none the less I am proud of what he has accomplished thus far! The first time Calvin saw his bed yesterday evening was so much fun to watch. He was super excited and immediately got into his covers yelling "nap" over and over again. Here is a picture of him in his bed right after he saw it.

These next two are of Calvin this morning...still super excited about it!


There is going to have to be some rearranging of the room to get everything to fit right, but for now it's in the corner. It's hard to fit a crib and toddler bed and all the other things that go in the same room. It shall be interesting! Maya will be moving into his room as soon as she starts sleeping through the night consistently. She has outgrown her moses basket. She had her 2 month check up already on Monday and she was 13 pounds ,10 ounces and 25 inches long. She is in the 90% for her weight, but off the charts for her height. She is going to be a super tall girl!
Third, Calvin is now wearing VERY big boy shoes. I already knew that he had BIG feet wearing a size 7 before he even turned two. Well, I took the kids out and got Calvin's feet measured thinking that he really wasn't much bigger. Well, he now fits into a size 10 shoe. I can't believe it! A size 9 fits very snugly, but the guy told us that it would be better just to get a size ten since it fit him well and his foot wasn't sliding around and we would get our moneys worth since he would be able to wear it through the spring. So, now I am bidding on ebay for a SIZE 10 shoe for his birthday!
Speaking of his birthday, it's coming up in a few weeks. He will be turning 2 on October 12th. I just finished designing the invitations and will hopefully be sending most of them out this week. I will have to post a picture of them on another blog post after they have all been sent. It was fun for me to do them and was nice to be doing some more design stuff!
Here are a few more recent pictures of our two sweet kids!






2 comments:
Sounds like things are just working out fine. That is very helpful for me to know that maybe when my baby is born that it won´t all be fights with Odinn since he is going to have to share attention. We have just started sitting Odinn on the potty seat when we change him just to connect the 2. He thinks it´s funny and tries to get comfortable. We will see how it goes. Not going to make a big deal about it. Just make it a habit and if something happens in it then great if not then fine.
Wow! I am amazed that you have had such a positive potty training experience so early on with Calvin. That's great. I can't believe that he is in a size 10 shoe. Aidan is 18 months old and in a size 5. His feet only seem to grow in width, not length. :) We have to get special XW shoes for him. Also, Maya is a doll. I really can't wait to have another one and I hope we have a little girl for Aidan to love on.
Post a Comment