Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Quiche or Mac and Cheese?

Isn't my clematis beautiful! It's really small right now, so I was surprised it already has two blooms. Johnny built a little trellis for it to climb up and it has been loving it!


So, today I had all intentions to make quiche specifically for Johnny. He has been hinting at it for a while and so today was going to be the day. Well, it didn't happen ;( It rained all morning long. Calvin and I took naps late this morning/early afternoon and then had lunch. We left for the grocery store right after lunch and then stopped by the library for a bit. By the time I got home and unloaded the groceries (Calvin was such a helper...he even carried a whole bag of groceries from the car to the kitchen all by himself) I was completely exhausted. So, we decided to relax this evening and make a quick batch of mac and cheese instead of baking two quiches. Now that I have the ingredients for it, I WILL make them tomorrow for Johnny. Poor Johnny was excited for his quiche! Oh well! Tomorrow will be his special day ;) There is only so much I can do in one day right now....apparently it really isn't very much!

Here are a few cute pictures of Calvin during this last week or so. The first is of Johnny showing Calvin a beetle he found outside. Calvin loves his bugs! The other is Calvin sitting in his sisters new bouncy seat. A friend of mine got me a gift card to target and we were able to get a new bouncy seat. I love this one and so does Calvin! The last photo is Calvin in his car seat on our way to celebrating the 4th of July. He is such a handsome little man!




So, here is our awesome "moses basket swing" that Johnny designed and built! Isn't it beautiful and unique! Johnny is seriously amazing!





The next picture is of a really sweet baby shower gift I got from a dear friend of mine. This necklace has both Calvin's and Maya's name on it. I LOVE IT!


So, I have always been really self conscious of my body since I was pregnant with Calvin. My body has changed tremendously and there are things about it that are permanent. So, I decided to post my first picture showing my stretch marks on my tummy. I got them with Calvin and they have continued to move up my stomach as Maya grows bigger and bigger. It's something that I will slowly learn to love, but it has definitely been a process for me!


4 comments:

The Bannon Clan said...

That swing is amazing. . .what a great idea! You can hardly see those streach marks. You look great!

The Bannon Clan said...

Hey,
Two kids are fun. . .not fun sometimes, but mostly fun. Oh, and just so you know I've been meaning to make quiche all week and haven't. Good luck tonight.

the style crusader said...

anna, i love following your blog. i agree with stephanie, you look great! i am so excited for you! xx

Unknown said...

very very very cool nursery, Anna. Can you imagine tucking Maya in there for the first time... it looks like a magazine!