So, here is my post for the projects that we have been working on in our house. The first thing we did was redo our bedroom. Maya will be in there with us until she grows out of her moses basket, so it was important to get that done before she came. Johnny scraped, mudded and sanded twice, primed and then painted the walls and ceiling. It was a lot of work and was a mess, especially since the ceiling had popcorn texture all over it and we had to scrape those as well. It looks great now and we chose this gray/blue color (we thought it was going to be more gray). We both really like the final color though. So, it's ok that it has a little more blue in it than we had expected. Johnny made that shelf that we have above our bed. He made that soon after we were married, but since our room hasn't been finished for a while, it was sitting in the garage. It's a beautiful piece and I am glad that it can finally be up. The big lamp in the corner we made together. I had a lamp base and some leftover ikea fabric from our curtains in the dining room and used it to make a lamp shade. It was actually more complicated than it looks....more work than I had anticipated, but it actually got done! It's definitely not close to being perfect, but it works. It's mainly so I can change Maya's diapers at night and not blind Johnny while doing it. The grate/ vent cover I found in Calvin's closet. It had tons of layers of paint on it and had even been sprayed with texture. Yuck! We thought that it would be an easy fix and I could loosen up the paint with some paint remover chemicals (Johnny did that...don't worry), but that's didn't get all the paint off very well. So, I sanded and scraped and had to get into each of the little holes. It was a pain, but definitely worth it. So, I finally painted it and now it's where all my dangly earrings get to rest. I know that sounds like a lot of work just so I can hang up earrings, but I love projects that are unique. Anyways, here are the pictures for our bedroom. It's not all finished (as you can see the door trim is missing, we need crown molding, need to put some outlet fixtures back on, but it's definitely getting there).






The next room we did was Calvin's room. This room I had only planned on painting a new color over the textured walls. Well, the color we got was a horrible neon green, so we decided to just go ahead and mud and sand and get them looking the way we really wanted them. Then, we chose a very neutral color (a silver color with a tad blue color in it) to paint the room with. I love the color and am really glad that it's done and over with. I really don't enjoy having a toddler sleeping in our room on a mattress (who is used to sleeping in a confined crib). One night he woke up when I got up to pee and ran to me in the bathroom. He was ready to play, but it was in the middle of the night! Well, I am just glad that he is back in his room and in his crib and things are mostly put away and organized again. These pictures are all in the order as if you walk in the room looking at the left corner and then slowly turning all the way around the room.





And here are two pregnant belly shots. Here I am at 36 weeks pregnant...only 4 more weeks to go (or something like that...she really is the one that naturally decides her due date).

4 comments:
I'm sure it's great to finally be finished with your projects. I really like the color of your master bedroom. Congrats on finishing it all up before the newest addition to your family comes along!
Wow! It all looks so great, Anna! I love the color in your bedroom, and the grate for your earrings is definitely a cool idea.
It looks great! We have so many little projects that need to get done. Good job getting it all done. You are so motivated. That new little baby is coming soon. . .how exciting. Keep us posted, I can't wait to hear how everything goes.
Your house looks so great. The amount of work you have put in to it is amazing.
You also look great. I just hope I can look that good at the end of this pregnancy.
Thank you for having us over yesterday.
Post a Comment