Anyways, last week a good friend of Johnny's came down to visit for an evening and so here is a picture of Jeremiah reading to Calvin before bed time. Calvin is such a social bug and warms up to people very quickly! It's pretty cute!

Two weekends ago we found some old library chairs (through craigslist of course) at an antique shop. We got them to use as our dining chairs. They are so much fun. They are all really sturdy, but they need to be cleaned, sanded, and then refinished. One of them still has a pad on the back (which is to keep is from scuffing up a wall when backing up). The other three don't have the pad, but still have the tacks left on them. I think that we will re do that part as well.


We also finally chose a color that we both really like and painted our dining room. Actually, we painted our kitchen as well, but I don't have pictures of that yet. I will take some this week.


So, we are finished taking care of fish. We have gone through five fish and none of them lived longer than a few days. These are the last two that we got and they lasted no more than a couple of days :( So, we said "bye bye" to the fish as we flushed them down the toilet again.

I made a really yummy sausage and spinach pasta dish. Here is the recipe and a couple of pictures from making that dish. While I cooked, Calvin was helping sweep the house. He can be quite the helper;) Just click on the recipe picture to make it larger. Hopefully you should be able to read it!



Here is a picture of Calvin holding a snake that Johnny found in our laundry room. Calvin loved it! It was fun watching him play with it.

Here are a couple of pictures at the park last week. This park is so conveniently close (2 minute walk), but there is always so much trash. This last time we went Calvin picked up two cigarette buds (one of them he stuck in his mouth before I could say anything). YUCK! There was tons of broken glass as well. Even though it's so close, we really don't go there that much.


I LOVE these next pictures. I took these after Johnny got home and was spending some time reading to Calvin. Calvin was being extra cuddly and I just had to take some pictures ;)





And here are a couple pictures of my belly at 31 weeks. I thought it was a fun angle. You can really see how big she is getting;)

3 comments:
I had fish at BFA! They only lasted a few days. Then I put the dead ones on a jar (my plan was to bury them). Well I waited too long and they stuck to the bottom of the jar. I ended up throwing them and the jar out the second story window into the trash pile. A cat outside rushed up to it. . .poor fish. . .they aren't my thing either. So your story made me laugh. How did your diabetes test go? I love the chairs. They look pretty good they way they are. . .good find.
I'm glad that it is warming up in Tulsa. Our trip is going well. Thank you so much for looking in and feeding my cats. Seeing that fish are not your thing do you mind feeding my fish. i forgot to ask. I'm sure they are eating each other by now. The food is on the top of the aquarium.
Love the pics by the way. I hope to be able to spend some time with you and Calvin when we get back in 2 weeks.
Ahhhh! You let him play with the snake? Ewwww.
I'm wondering if your fishes maybe need some circulation in the water to stay alive. Whenever I had goldfish I had a filter thing that cycled the water. Or if you don't want to go through all that, then get a Beta fish. They can live in still water. Good luck, if you try again! :)
Post a Comment