Thursday, January 15, 2009

Seeing the GOOD things in Life





Here are some pictures we took when we went on a walk at Turkey Mountain one weekend. The lighting was great, so we were able to get some fun pictures.

Well, it has been a LONG time since I posted on this blog, but I decided this is a good time to start back up again. Life has thrown quite a few surprises at me lately. First, we found out that my dad had prostate cancer. Now we find out that he also has stomach cancer. Well, I knew that it was serious, but not as serious as I have just been told. The longest he could live from a doctors point of view is 3 years. WOW! I can't imagine life without my dad! It hurts to think that he won't be here for long. I haven't even gotten to see much of him anyways in all of our missionary years. If my dad were to die, I just need to keep reminding myself of the good that can come out of that. Others in our family might just happen to come to know the Lord or be touched by the way the parents and family are dealing with it. I know for a fact that God knows what He is doing. Only God knows when his time will come. All I can do is just pray, and pray that God might give all of us a miracle. At least I KNOW that dad will be with our Lord and Savior! That is definitely the most comfort I can get right now! So, now I am looking at plane tickets. I don't know when and if we will have the money for this, but I know that God will direct in His own time.
Moving on to another more brighter topic...I just had my first doctor's appointment this week. It was nothing special, just lots and lots of paperwork. The nurse took my blood pressure, weighed me, and took a urine sample. Then, I went to South Crest to get blood work done and another urine sample. It's a good thing I have to pee a lot! In a couple of weeks, we get to meet with Dr. Sanders and have an ultrasound done. Hopefully, we will find out what we are having. I can't wait any longer! So, we are super excited for that day. I don't even know how far along I am. We are just guessing my my last period, but I really don't feel like I am that far 17 weeks) along and I don't like not knowing these things....especially when it has been SO long since we first found out I was pregnant!
Another exciting part of our lives is we just got a BIG antique closet for a really good price. This is in the dining room, so that we can store all of our art supplies in it. It has been driving me nuts not having a place for all of our art. It has been crammed underneath our bed and stuck in other random corners of the house. So, now we have one place designated for all of the art supplies. Calvin will even have his own shelf. This way we can do art on our dining table and have a place to store it all quickly and easily before dinner is made. So exciting!
It snowed this morning...just a little. Calvin woke up in awe of the white snow falling to the ground. So, we are going to embrace the cold today and play a little outside, so Calvin can get his first hands on experience with a little snow. Then, we have the mom's tea to prepare for. So, I need to clean and tidy up a little bit before everyone comes over....I guess that should happen while Calvin takes his morning nap. Well, I will be back soon. I will try and be more consistent with our blog!

No comments: