


Here are some pictures taken during the weekend. The third is of Calvin playing at his cute little desk we made for him a while back. The second picture is Calvin eating lunch today drinking from his "BIG BOY" cup. He LOVES it, but still forgets that it spills if he knocks it over. Oh well. One day he will finally learn. The first picture is of a set of cups that we got at a flea market on Saturday. It was a cheap find and will be fun for Calvin and the other kids that come over here in the future. I love all the fun pictures on them...all classics!
Well, I made it through Monday. Monday is usually a hard day for me. I love weekends, because those are the days when I can get out of the house and actually do something. Right now we only have one car, so during my week I am literally stuck at home. I view Monday as the beginning of the week and the end of the weekend...so, in other words, I don't like Monday's! It's the first day of the week that Johnny has to leave for work and I have to get back into the normal every day routine. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE being at home with Calvin. Well, let me rephrase that....I have learned to LOVE staying at home with Calvin and have loved our routines, but for anyones sanity it is necessary to get out of the house every once in a while. Yes, we do go on walks almost every day either by ourselves or with friends, but that just doesn't do it! I go through these phases. I can last about 3 to 4 weeks without getting out of the house during the week and then I have a major breakdown. I have started to notice these phases just recently repeating themselves. So, I am at the end of a phase right now (meaning yesterday was my breakdown) and sometime soon, I will need to leave this house to do something fun for myself. You may wonder why weekends won't suffice...from Johnny's point of view which I completely understand: He is exhausted from working and is ready for a nice relaxing weekend. Yes, we do get out usually on Saturdays to do some errands, but that does not make up for a whole 3-4 weeks inside. Believe me...you would only understand if you were or have been in the same boat. I never thought that I would go through a crazy cycle about every month or so, but apparently, I have to take care of myself every once in a while before I can take care of my family.
Anyways, I think...actually, I KNOW... that we will be getting rid of our cat. He has been a GREAT cat, but he has reached our limits. Johnny hates cats to begin with and I have started to like cats less and less. The only thing that has been keeping us from already getting rid of Kitty is that Calvin absolutely LOVES our cat. They are buddies and the cat will be missed by him! So, I went to pick up my knitting this morning and got a whiff of that very familiar cat spray/pee smell that has been lingering around our house for the last couple of months (due to our Kitty and also some stray cats that got under our house and started spraying...which then went up through our vents). I took another closer whiff and sure enough, the cat had peed and sprayed on all of my knitting and it actually soaked through the basket as well. I was NOT happy. We would have got him fixed, but we cannot afford that right now. (It costs over $100 just to fix him) So, call me whatever you like (animal hater, inhumane, whatever...because I know some of you out there would be very offended), but we are still going to get rid of the "devil" cat, as my husband calls him. Despite the spraying and peeing in completely unnecessary places, I think that kitty was a great cat. He is the most affectionate and kid loving cat I have ever met! So, I will miss him, but I will also be relieved in many ways ;) Well, my belly is rumbling for some food! See you again soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment