This weekend we went to pick up Maya's big girl bed. It's super cute, BUT I didn't realize that the bed frame we have wouldn't work with it. We need a frame that you can attach a headboard AND footboard to...so I looked on craigslist for forever, but couldn't find one that was nearby. So, I think Johnny will be making some side boards to attach to the bed with metal brackets that will hold the boxspring and mattress in place. Then we will have to paint it to match the headboard and footboard. Why does nothing come easily for us? Poor Johnny gets one more project...that he gets to work on later today ;) So, hopefully I will have pictures by the end of this week of her bed and some full pictures of their bedroom.
Today the kids and I went on a walk through the neighborhood we are hoping to buy a house in. The house we want is no longer for sale, but is about to be foreclosed on, so we are just waiting and hopefully we will have first priority since we were in contract with the owner before the foreclosure process began. BUT the annoying thing is that this house is not being cared for at all. The previous owner passed away and now this owner doesn't care for the house at all. Every time I go by this house, I just want to crank out the lawn mower and start weeding. I think a neighbor finally mowed it over the weekend, but it really does not look good right now. I really don't like this waiting process, but oh well! There is nothing we really can do about it. It's just life!
Here are a couple pictures I took of Calvin while I was baking. I love how easily kids are entertained! It's a great reminder of how sometimes I just need to stop what I'm doing and let myself be entertained by something so simple. Love this!


2 comments:
:).... I love your blog structure and everything thats in it!! It is one of the cutest blogs I have read. :) :) *a really broad smile*
loved that picture !!! Its cute !!
Post a Comment