Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Things I'm Lovin

I can't begin to express how excited I am that the weather has finally turned cooler! This makes time being spent outside so much more enjoyable and inviting and makes drinking hot yummy beverages so much more satisfying ;) So, I have been nesting...I really don't know why (believe me - I'm not pregnant). But I am really wanting to change things up around our home, organize, and of course decorate for fall time! So, stay tuned for lots of fun projects we are planning...the first will be an entryway/ armoire/ shelf piece of furnitute that Johnny is going to build. Last weekend we both designed and planned for it and this weekend, we will be starting it! When you walk into our front door, there is no entrance. You come straight into the living room, which I have never really liked. There isn't even a coat closet or anything. I wanted a wardrobe type piece that would have doors to contain whatever clutter we don't want out (including our coats and jackets and bags, but also wanted more shelving for all the loads of books that are taking up all of our closet space. So, we have designed a beautiful piece of furniture that Johnny will be building (probably not finishing) this weekend. I can't wait! There will be lots of pictures to come with that project! We have been so focused on working on our house and checking off projects that needed to get done that we have become a little burnt out on our house. So, we decided to do a fun project for ourselves that we can take with us when we finally move out of this house.

Here are a few pictures of the kids playing outside. These are probably going to be the last pictures of the kids with just their undies and diapers on... Sadly, there will probably be no more cute chunky thighs and random naked running in the rain, but I am really enjoying wearing sweaters and sweatshirts and feeling all cozy!








And here are a few fallish pictures of things I have really been enjoying these days...






1 comment:

Mama Mandy said...

I love Fall too! We've been eating with candles...loving all the coziness the cooler weather brings!