We went to look at a house last week. This house is absolutely incredible and is going to be a lot of work and take a lot of money and time. But we are both still in LOVE with it. The house has tons of potential! But everything depends on whether or not we can get a specific loan. The house requires a certain type of construction loan (because of the condition that it's in) that isn't FHA. Although, we just found out at the end of last week that FHA has a loan that might work for buying this house. If we can get approved for this loan, then we would have money up front to work on this house. We found a bank that does this specific type of loan and tomorrow we will be calling them. Hopefully this week we will know whether or not this house is even an option for us. Here are a couple pictures of the house. I have pictures for the rooms, but don't want to post them until we know this is definitely an option. So, here is the beauty in the front, back, and side. I know some people don't always find the beauty in fixer upper houses, but Johnny and I see the amazing potential and can't wait to get our hands on her.



This weekend was spent working on our current house. It has been crazy trying to finish things up on our house in case we do end up selling it. We want to get as much done as possible before we get it appraised. It has been pretty exhausting, but very satisfying as well. Today after church we went to the park for lunch and finally took some family pictures. I will have to post those another day, though, because I haven't yet loaded them onto the computer. But, here are a few pictures from our last camera download. First batch: easter time...cousins decorating eggs, watching movies with Lydia (finally back from India ;), Johnny and Maya (she is in her adorable Indian outfit from Lydia).





2nd Batch: cute pics of Maya outside and and in the toy bucket



3rd Batch: Calvin and his cool "Dash underwear"...he is obsessed with these and actually cried the first time they went in the wash and he couldn't wear them when he wanted to. This is a sequence of pictures of Calvin explaining his underwear and demonstrating what "Dash" does from the movie "The Incredibles". I had to put all these pictures together. It was absolutely hilarious! Maybe you had to be there to appreciate it.




4th Batch: these are of our fence and gate that Johnny did and his dad helped with. Thanks for all the help! These are not the panel kind. It was all done from scratch. Isn't it beautiful! I was able to find some guy about 45 minutes from us that sells cedar pickets for really cheap. You kind of have to dig through them to pick out the good ones, but way worth it when your on a tight budget. I will have to get some final pictures with all the hardware on and the other small gate put up that hides our ugly garbage cans.




Last but not least: I dug out the old nasty metal fence all by myself. Let me tell you, that was NO easy job! Those metal posts were deep and really hard to dig out. I was sore for like a week afterwards and my back still hurts from that. I feel bad for guys who have to do this kind of thing for a living (like my hubby).


And of course, I had to add a picture of the kids cheering us on as we all worked hard!

So, this is what we have been up to lately. I will have to add family pictures soon! I can't wait to see how they turned out.
1 comment:
I love your pics! And I can totally see the potential in that house. It could become amazing. Good luck! I will miss you a whole bunch though. When you first told me I was both happy and sad at the same time.
Post a Comment