Thursday, September 3, 2009

Lemon Bars and such

Yesterday I finally attempted to make a dessert...somehow I managed to do it between screaming fits, phone calls, and feeding time with Maya. I made some lemon bars and they were so good...


Calvin has been an absolute mess this week...leaving me completely exhausted. I am thinking he might be getting some molars in and he is also throwing all day fits for who knows what reasons....a good mix of things I am sure. These kinds of times remind me of how lucky some people are when they have their own family nearby. (MOM...I miss you SO much!) I am trying as hard as I can to be patient and get him to talk to me, but I can't really understand an almost 2 year old all the time. Poor little man is just having a rough time! Well, I can tell that I am going to need a break soon and not just a two hour break one evening once Johnny gets home, but a LONG break, just to do something fun and to remind me that I am a woman, not just a mom.

I feel like we are finally starting to get on some sort of routine with Maya. Thanks for all the comments and advice from my last post. It was very helpful! We are actually doing much better now that some routine has been established. I am starting to read her a little better these days. She is growing so much and I LOVE how she smiles at me. I have heard of babies smiling first at their siblings, but it was definitely me and it made me so happy. I can tell that she is going to be a very cheerful girl! I can't wait for when more of her personality starts to show. She loves to look at lights right now, including the big paper light in our bedroom.



Here are some pictures from some time spent in Calvin's room yesterday morning. It was a moment during the day when Calvin was feeling/acting better and Maya was just happy chilling in a chair by herself.





So, right now Calvin is chilling out next to me drinking some chocolate milk after waking up crying from his nap :( Poor kid. Tonight I am home by myself with the kids...Johnny is going out for a wedding rehearsal and Bachelor party. Fun times. I am trying not to pitty myself...hahaha....I guess I am a little jealous Johnny gets to go out tonight! I can't wait for a day that I can get out and have a girls night without any kids, but I know that it's not any time soon since Maya hates the bottle. Oh well!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Those lemon bars were yummy! Thank you for having me over for mommy tea. It would have been nice if more moms could have shown up but we got to talk and it was nice. Maya is a great kid and Calvin is going through a normal faze that hopefully will pass soon. You are a great mom and hopefully you will get the brake that you need soon.

Mom of Steele said...

I went through exactly all of those same things at about the same ages. The 2 year molars, the tantrums, not taking a bottle, finally establishing a routine, wanting a break, and not getting one, jealous of my husband going out, feeling guilty about not being able to do anything about the vast span of emotions. It will pass. I'm here for you if you need someone to vent to.