Friday, March 6, 2009

I LOVE FRIDAYS!

Today is Friday. That means the weekend is just about here and I can enjoy a little more quality time with my sweet hubby! Yeah! Well, today I get to be pampered at the hair salon by Stacy, my sister-in-law. It's a wonderful thing to have such a great hairdresser in the family! I never really realized how special it is to get little things done (getting your hair dyed or cut) until I had a kid. It is definitely something that helps me feel better about myself and it is always nice to have a little bit of "me" time!
I have already had breakfast with Calvin, put him down for his morning nap, and had my tea. Since my morning tea, the baby has been kicking like CRAZY. She has definitely been very interactive with Johnny and I. She is much more active than Calvin ever was at this stage (just over 5 months)!

I think that Calvin might be coming down with a cold or something. He woke up last night crying and had a stuffy nose. His nose has been running all morning and the poor kid keeps wiping his buggars all over his face before I get a chance to wipe it off. Yuck! Hopefully (with his excellent immune system), he will be able to fight this thing off quickly!

Yesterday, I was able to go to the "Just Between Friends Consignment sale" that was going on at the Expo Square in Tulsa. They only do this once in the Spring and then again in the Fall. So, it is definitely worth going to in order to save on clothes and books and toys for your kids. It started last Sunday (which would have been the best day to go...the better quality stuff was available), but it still took hours to go through on Thursday. Calvin and Evan (one of my friend's son) were quite the troopers. I didn't really find much for Calvin (just one shirt and a few books), but I sure did find quite a few REALLY CUTE outfits for our girl! Everything was discounted 25% off and will be 50% on Saturday. Anyways, I spent just over $20 on 4 books, one boys dress shirt, and multiple baby girl outfits. I would have to say that I did pretty good! I can't wait for our little girl to show off her cute little outfits! Now I just need to find some t-shirts and summer wear for Calvin....maybe I will look at some more consignment shops and then Old Navy as well! These kids grow so fast, it's not worth buying new outfits all the time. We can find plenty of cute (used but still in GREAT condition) clothes at consignment shops. Either that or hit the sales at Old navy and gap (every once in a while).

Last night we had dinner over at Andreas and Stacy's house. Calvin did such a funny thing that I just have to share. Taylor was taking his bath and Calvin was going in and out of the bathroom. The adults were hanging out in the living room and periodically checking on the boys. Well, Taylor started to fuss a little and Andreas got up to go see what was happening. Andreas turned around and told us that we might want to take a look. Well, Calvin had joined Taylor in the bath tub with all his clothes on (socks included). Calvin loves taking baths, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but wow, that was hilarious! It was also funny to see Taylor's reaction. He was quite concerned and knew that something was NOT right. Anyways, Stacy took a couple pictures, so I will have to get copies from her and post is later on. Random things like that really make my day! Calvin is constantly making me laugh. He is a pure joy to have in my life. I am one LUCKY mom!

No comments: