Well, Johnny just took a series of pictures of Calvin a few days ago that turned out beautifully! He was able to capture some of the many facial expressions that Calvin gives us every day. They range from beautifully handsome to absolutely hilarious. We got a good laugh looking through these pictures. I will be loading the link soon onto our blog.
This weekend will be my first time being away from Johnny and Calvin. I am going on our church Women's Retreat and am so excited about it. Apparently, it's at a really nice lodge outside of Tulsa, Oklahoma. When I had first signed up I expected it to be at a children's campground, because we were signing up to be in cabins. I was kind of wondering why it was all so expensive. Surely, the food did not cost that much! So, now I know it's going to be a super relaxing weekend at some kind of resort and I am all pumped up! Although, I am definitely a little nervous about leaving behind my two favorite boys! I have been pumping breast milk like crazy, even though I am not getting a ton in exchange. Calvin's growth spurts and large urges for food are interrupting my ability to pump a lot for the weekend. We have also been getting Calvin to eat more baby foods. So, we have been giving him fruits and vegetables and lots of yogurt (which he absolutely loves). So, hopefully the two put together will give him enough to eat for the weekend. If anything goes wrong, Johnny could always just drive out to the lodge. It will be interesting and I am excited to see how it all goes. I know that Johnny will do just fine. He is great at being a dad! I am just a little worried how Calvin will react to being without mom for a couple of days. Right now he is definitely a momas boy! I just need to keep reminding myself that it’s just a weekend and being gone from him for a couple of days isn’t going to hurt him.
Last week I started taking care of my nephew, Taylor. He is a little over a year old. I take care of him on Wednesdays and Fridays. It has been fun and exhausting. It is great to see Calvin and Taylor interacting. Calvin loves taylor and they like to stick each others hands on each others faces and mouths and pretty much anywhere they can get there hands on. They also talk to each other which is so cute! I need to borrow a video camera sometime and record this and post it here sometime soon.
Another exciting thing that has been going on is that Johnny and I have made some new friends who are young couples with young children! We have been getting together with them pretty much every week, if not, a couple of times a week and it has been so much fun! It's kind of weird to say this, but both of these couples are a perfect match for us. We get along so well and share so many of the same interests. We will be doing a small group together every Wednesday. It has been a great blessing! Actually, I will be going to the Women's Retreat with one of the girls, Julie. We will be rooming with each other and with a few other girls as well. I am looking forward to getting to know some other girls this weekend!
Well, today and part of tomorrow are my days to get things ready for this weekend. I need to do lots of laundry and grocery shopping and cleaning of the house. I also need to pack and take a bath and also give Calvin a bath. Oh, I can't forget that breastmilk that I need to continue pumping. So, I should get busy. Here is a link to those pictures that I just added. Enjoy!
http://s260.photobucket.com/albums/ii19/jctviii/6%20Months%20Old/Facial%20Expressions/?albumview=slideshow
Just us
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment